Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Volunteer Position Ft Myers Fl

I would like to offer someone a chance to volunteer with a great group of people in a great location for the winter.We bought a home in Florida and are hanging up the RV keys.

Good morning, I would like to introduce myself to you, my name is Rhonda Byrd. I have replaced Yvonne at Caloosahatchee Regional Park as the volunteer liaison. I oversee the Lodge and the Campsite area. Yvonne as moved across the river to Hickey Creek Mitigation Park. I transferred to CRP from the Causeway Islands and have over 25 years’ experience with the county. Are you still interested in being camp host for us this coming season? Do you know when your arrival date will be? Camping starts in October and lasts through April, depending on the weather. The length of stay is up to you and we appreciate any help you can give us. Let me know as soon as possible so I can plan accordingly. I will have your camp Host area all ready for your arrival. Please feel free to call or email me if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you and having a great season at CRP.

Sincerely,

Rhonda Byrd

Caloosahatchee Regional Park

Volunteer Liaison

rbyrd@leegov.com

239-229-0678
yankeeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2018, 07:38 AM   #2

Some prospective volunteers will want to know.

What kind of cell reception on what carriers work at the site.

Will sat work at the site (somewhat clear view of the south sky)

Is there wifi at the host site or can the camper arrange broadband out of thier own pocket with a local cable company at the site?

Personally I am set for the winter but others may want to know the answers to these questions up front.

GL
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #3

Additional questions

Is the Host required clean bathrooms
Is the Host required to mow lawns
Is the Host required to do maintenance
How many hours is the Host required to work
Do you take singles
Do you provide a FHU site
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:29 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You folks sure do have lots of questions for a free site in a great location for the winter. Might I suggest you contact the park coordinator with your concerns.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeflyer View Post
You folks sure do have lots of questions for a free site in a great location for the winter. Might I suggest you contact the park coordinator with your concerns.
Sounds like reasonable questions that could be answered here in a few words that would prevent a bunch of phone calls to someone whose phone number you didn't provide.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
It's not free if you expect someone to work in exchange for the site.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #7

Quote:
When you have taken a few volunteer positions and not asked enough questions and arrive to find a poor site, no local or sat tv and cell service is two miles down the road and you find out your main duty is to clean bathroom every day (its ony 2 hours a day so we need you here every day but again only for two hours but other than that we are real flexable) You learn to start asking more and more questions before getting to much in love with the position.

To be fair we have ones where we really lucked out without asking to many questions and it was perfect for us.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you haven't got the time to contact these fine folks and inquire about the position,then I guess your not interested enough to enjoy it. I started this post to hopefully help someone have an enjoyable volunteer position for the winter. I will no longer offer any suggestions for workamping or volunteering.....go find them yourselves.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:53 AM   #9

https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/od?from=159456
Shell925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell925 View Post
Now that wasn't so hard was it ?
Old 07-07-2018, 07:32 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
If you haven't got the time to contact these fine folks and inquire about the position,then I guess your not interested enough to enjoy it. I started this post to hopefully help someone have an enjoyable volunteer position for the winter. I will no longer offer any suggestions for workamping or volunteering.....go find them yourselves.
You did introduce yourself as the Volunteer Liaison while posting about volunteer opportunities. Seems logical to think you are the person to ask for more details.

Maybe it was our fault for not understanding something. But it does take two people to communicate; the speaker and the listener. Or in this case, the writer and the reader. Perhaps you weren't clear on exactly what role you play in regards to the position you posted about. For myself, I've gone back and re-read the first post, and it still looks like you're offering this opportunity and asking for replies.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I can see why your middle name is Monkeywrench.....I suppose I should have stated that I was posting for Rhonda and not yankeeflyer.....I bad !
Old 07-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I can see why your middle name is Monkeywrench.....I suppose I should have stated that I was posting for Rhonda and not yankeeflyer.....I bad !
No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Now that wasn't so hard was it ?
It's a lot easier if one person does it and lets everyone else know instead of everybody having to find it themselves. Which is our point.

And, to save people even more time:

• Assist park staff with cleaning the bathhouse toilets, sinks, and showers.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote