Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #113

I am new to this site but I pretty much have recycled all my mismatched cups and plates from the boat we sold off to get our camper. Plus I tend to troll the Dollar Stores. Those are the only new things other then our mattress that we have.
manguiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 11:04 AM   #114

My girlfriend bought a set of rope lights at a garage sale over the weekend. 5 dollars for the set.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #115

Last month, we bought some things at garage sales etc. for "Christmas In July" theme at the campground. Seems like there are always Christmas stuff at garage sales!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #116

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I buy things that I won't mind breaking the first time I use them at flea markets and those type places. When I was in Quartzsite, there were flea market sellers for damn near everything. I was able to find some electrical parts there that have come in handy, and some beard trim scissors that were really good for really cheap.

I consider Harbor Freight tools to be a flea market type store for tools and such. At least their guarantee is good : If you buy it at HF, and it breaks, bring it back and we'll replace it. Remarkably, I haven't had any of the stuff I bought there break yet.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:01 AM   #117

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks for the Harbor Freight tip. Will give them a shot. Never considered them before.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #118

Monaco Owners Club
I'm surprised that more people have not utilized HF for led lighting. they give away led flash lights, i repurpose mine into other light arrays, not bad for a freebe.
kerryvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #119

We got a brand new in the box NuWave Oven with extender ring and 2nd stack-able grill rack at a garage sale for $50. Now we do not have to take the at home Nuwave oven in and out of the RV each trip.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #120

Monaco Owners Club
My new fav store is 'buy the pound' it is operated by goodwill, they are regional consolidation points for all the stuff that does not sell at the normal sales outlets. You buy stuff based on the weight, prices vary in the dif regions from what I saw on line, but at my local store. clothing 1.09 / lb, electronic (corded) 0.40 / lb, books cds, 0.29 /lb.

the selection is rotated every 30 min. I have picked up some amazing deals. thanks to all who have donated quality stuff.

kerry
Old 08-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #121

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
My new fav store is 'buy the pound' it is operated by goodwill, ...
In my neck of the woods, these are called "bins" stores by the Goodwill folks. The can be madhouses. They can also attract some very interesting customers.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #122

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
In my neck of the woods, these are called "bins" stores by the Goodwill folks. The can be madhouses. They can also attract some very interesting customers.
yahno sumpin, as the crow flies we're only about 366 miles from your nearest Prairie Bar and Grill just a little off 503. May come to partake an anchor or two witcha.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #123

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Those Goodwill Outlet stores (bin stores) are so much fun. If you enjoy people watching you can see some pretty interesting folks who take their shopping for bargains pretty serious, most wear gloves and fill up shopping carts with all kinds of stuff. I have never been shopping on black friday but I think when new bins are brought out it has to be conpairable to those type of crowds waiting in line for wally world to open the doors.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:13 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi500 View Post
Those Goodwill Outlet stores (bin stores) are so much fun. If you enjoy people watching you can see some pretty interesting folks who take their shopping for bargains pretty serious, most wear gloves and fill up shopping carts with all kinds of stuff. I have never been shopping on black friday but I think when new bins are brought out it has to be conpairable to those type of crowds waiting in line for wally world to open the doors.
I saw a show on TV, I think called Thrift Hunters. These were EBAY sellers that sought unique clothing items and made good money doing it. One time, he placed a shirt in the thrift store shopping cart, posted it on EBAY via his phone and when he got to the register it sold via Buy It Now before he even paid for it.

EDIT: Found link to the show. http://www.spike.com/shows/thrift-hunters
Old 11-11-2016, 12:56 AM   #125

Portable air compressors are commonly seen at garage and estate sales. I have bought most of my chemicals, lubricants, soap, waxes and tools at sales. Once found interlocking rubber mats which I use under the mh when doing roadside maintenance. Almost all the oil I used in the ancient Bounder was purchased at these sales and never paid more than a $1 a quart.
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #126

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm always on the hunt for pots and pans.....looking for perfection!
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101DS travel trailer & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts of WindyNation solar (parallel) with MPPT controller, 2 Trojan T-125s, TALL flagpole and a great attitude…SoCal based. Perfer USFS, BLM, COE, USF&WS, NPS & state park campgrounds.
LarryW21 is offline   Reply With Quote