Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #85

Check out the YouTube channel, Next Exit. They bought a TT membership for $4000 and something like $600 a year dues and stay in every campground they are at for free unless they upgrade to 50 amps which is an extra $3. If you do the math at $35 a night the $4600 a year will pay for itself in the first 131 days or 4.3 months. I've never been a big fan of camping memberships but after watching a number of his videos I'm kind of re-thinking my position. this Next Exit guy is really happy with it.
allen8106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen8106 View Post
Check out the YouTube channel, Next Exit. They bought a TT membership for $4000 and something like $600 a year dues and stay in every campground they are at for free unless they upgrade to 50 amps which is an extra $3. If you do the math at $35 a night the $4600 a year will pay for itself in the first 131 days or 4.3 months. I've never been a big fan of camping memberships but after watching a number of his videos I'm kind of re-thinking my position. this Next Exit guy is really happy with it.
That's not $4600 a year it's only that the first year. Year 2 on is only the $600 dues.

We're TT members and it's saved us quite a bit over the last few years.

I heard a saying the other day about a condo that fits what we've found with TT's. "If you're looking for a decent place to stay it works fine. If you're looking for a Hilton or Marriott type resort this isn't for you."
Old 04-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #87

Wondering if anyone knows the retails costs of new memberships?
Elite Basic
Elite Connections
Elite Odyssey
Old 05-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Wondering if anyone knows the retails costs of new memberships?
Elite Basic
Elite Connections
Elite Odyssey
connection new $appr 8000
Odyssey new appr $10000

Used half that much
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #89

My zone pass contract runs through Sept 2020 (I signed a 4 year contract). Interested in a recent Odyssey contract (120 window, 28 days etc) if anyone has one they want to sell in the next year or so, please let me know. Not in a big hurry so if you want to plan your sale, 2020 would be perfect. Very happy with TT.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFogelberg View Post
My zone pass contract runs through Sept 2020 (I signed a 4 year contract). Interested in a recent Odyssey contract (120 window, 28 days etc) if anyone has one they want to sell in the next year or so, please let me know. Not in a big hurry so if you want to plan your sale, 2020 would be perfect. Very happy with TT.

Check out campground membership outlet out of Orlando, (actually Clermont) FL. They always have memberships for sale.
Also if you are on Facebook there is a group "Thousand Trails (Outdoor World) & Encore -- The Good AND The Bad" that I belong to that people drop in to sell memberships on too. You can hear a lot of "bad" on this site as most people like to complain and few like to give praise.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Thousand Trails
D & D World Travel - Our Articles - Thousand Trails

Thousand Trails is probably one of the best investments I have ever made. I have been full-timing for 9 years now, and always recommend it to anyone that is full-timing on a budget.

Camping Pass
D & D World Travel - Our Articles - Thousand Trails Camping Pass

Elite Basic
D & D World Travel - Our Articles - Thousand Trails Elite Basic

Elite Connections
D & D World Travel - Our Articles - Thousand Trails Elite Connections

Ultimate Odyssey
D & D World Travel - Our Articles - Thousand Trails Ultimate Odyssey

The Trails Collection
D & D World Travel - Our Articles - Thousand Trails (The Trails Collection)
djpotts50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #92

Stay away from Thousand Trails unless inexpensive is most important; they are all under local control, with almost no amenities carried through from one to another, or level of service. The fees, and extra’s you pay for will vary greatly; from power, sites, mail/packages, WiFi etc... You can not count on anything; preserve, to preserve. Except a varying state of neglected mantinance. They all cater to a large population, of “seasonal/annual” sites; and their local buddies, who more often than not, do not follow the rules. It is especially disheartening to be a “See something Say something “ person, and be ignored. While the few of us that actually bought into it get treated like second class folks; for following the rules. Like actually staying in your site; and not using, a 50 amp site, in a restricted stay preserve, as your private storage lot. While the park is FULL. Or packing your Sh*# up late; then leaving for the day instead of vacating the site for others coming in...
Oh ya mine for sale
daetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:25 PM   #93

Stay away

Stay away from Thousand Trails unless inexpensive is most important; they are all under local control, with almost no amenities carried through from one to another, or level of service. The fees, and extra’s you pay for will vary greatly; from power, sites, mail/packages, WiFi etc... You can not count on anything; preserve, to preserve. Except a varying state of neglected mantinance. They all cater to a large population, of “seasonal/annual” sites; and their local buddies, who more often than not, do not follow the rules. It is especially disheartening to be a “See something Say something “ person, and be ignored. While the few of us that actually bought into it get treated like second class folks; for following the rules. Like actually staying in your site; and not using, a 50 amp site, in a restricted stay preserve, as your private storage lot. While the park is FULL. Or packing your Sh*# up late; then leaving for the day instead of vacating the site for others coming in...
Oh ya mine for sale
Old 08-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #94

Stay away

Oh ya mine for sale
Old 08-27-2019, 08:15 PM   #95

Lightbulb Referral to Passport America

New RV'r and going to sign up for PA now. Anyone want to "refer" me? I'm not sure of the reward but every little bit helps!
DeniseandTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseandTom View Post
New RV'r and going to sign up for PA now. Anyone want to "refer" me? I'm not sure of the reward but every little bit helps!
I'm not sure I have ever gotten any credit for anyone, but my membership is GS-671013 . let me know if you join and then I will know if it actually works because I have given the number out before and never gotten anything.

You will love PA you save a lot of money!

Liz
LetsGoEmily is offline   Reply With Quote