Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post
I bring along my instant pot. We eat healthier and less expensive than fast food.
Whirrlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textronics View Post
I bring along my instant pot. We eat healthier and less expensive than fast food.
X3 on the Instapot! We have two in the S & B and one in the coach!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
Sorry folks i am not trying to cause an issue but I know originally we all think we camp for an inexpensive holiday I geuss even though I am in Canada I was hoping people would share there favorite free spot or their best frugal recipe we all love saving money one way or another
Canada is a big country. Can you narrow it down a bit, maybe I will share my spots.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
WOW!! Who knew?? I could have saved so much time and not missed so many meals working on the road all those years!

Well I thank you for the something new I have learned today ..(my gran said a day you didn't learn something new was a wasted day) good thing today hasn't been such a one.
Since most rvs have the engine well concealed, its doubtful many rvers will be cooking on their engines. Gas rvs you have to remove the doghouse to get to the engine. Diesel pushers can sometimes be accessed under the bed, but most are a pain to get to. I think I will stick with the stovetop or bbq.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:23 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Different engines...different strategies. When in college I drove a camp bus about 250 miles every Sunday, taking old stinky campers home then picking up a fresh crop. I'd cook on the way and have a nice hot lunch when I dropped off the old ones. This book can help: Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine!: Chris Maynard, Bill Scheller: 9781416596233: Amazon.com: Books

Cooking great meals with your car engine. The heat is on. | Wise Bread
How to Cook Food on Your Car's Engine: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
Engine Cooking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
OMG: "... IMPRESSA VEAL IMPREZZA = cooking time is listed as 30 to 50 miles..." that is too funny! The book is on my Amazon wish list!
Dutchaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #62
PKI

Shut down the utilities on your Ss&Bs when you leave (given no weather related damage potential - be smart about it). Our lowest utility bills are when we are doing the RV thing. Hot water tank on vac setting, irrigation clock run time shortened (if weather allows), all the lighting turned off except security settings, lower heat/cool settings, and most important stop doing all those home improvement retirement projects. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:19 AM   #63

Camping is always fun no matter what!
Joseph08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #64

Coupons coupons coupons
Oconomowoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:11 AM   #66

Most dollar stores sell groceries now days. Just about everything is a dollar or less.
Waltcwy is offline   Reply With Quote