Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #57

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We use KOA as well from time to time. Most are very nice so the only complaint I have is that I don't like being feet from the freeway. Some of them are away from the interstates too which we find more appealing!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:42 AM   #58

In two winters of travel, and close to 20,000 miles, we stayed at lots of KOA campgrounds. Most were nice. Many had family activities that Im sure we paid for, but didnt use. They generally are in decent condition, and priced slightly higher than average for the area. We paid anywhere from $32 to $75. We had two couples on board, so we always got charged extra for additional people. What I did find interesting, was how many other campgrounds we went to that were former KOA campgrounds. Pretty hard to miss the A frame office that they all seem to have. I think lots of them buy into the franchise, then once well established, let it go.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:24 PM   #59
BEC

My experience is they are usually $10 to $ 15 more a night but have never had a bad one in 7 years. Never regretted the extra cost but have regretted saving the money at a bad park.
BEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #60

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Worse KOA we ever stayed at was Mt. Shasta CA. Would not utilize that facility again. DW and I like to take walks around the campgrounds we stay at and we had this one particular individual follow us around in their truck giving us funny looks. My guess was that he thought we were up to no good. We quickly returned to our coach and happily departed the following morning. Will never go back to that KOA again. It was also flanked by less than desirable housing. Not again
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #61

Tiffin Owners Club
Was forced to stay in one in AL as late in day and no other parks close. Was couple days before Christmas. When checking in I asked clerk if pool, shuffle board courts and putt-putt open....NO..... so whats rate when they are.....Same and its going up Jan 1st !! Park had dirt roads and unlevel sites as well. Point is, the crappy one's charge same as the nice ones. No Thanks
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #62

We love KOA!
Never been disappointed. But we read reviews for ALL potential parks.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
While heading to a specific destination we will overnight in KOAs mostly because of their proximity to the highway. Nashville KOA was really nice although a little pricey. Overall we will be renewing our KOA membership.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
We generally don't stay in KOA's if we don't have to because we don't have kids and their amenities tend to be kid-oriented. That said, we've enjoyed the KOA's in Hinton, AB; Buckeye Lake, OH; and Gila Bend, AZ. One our worst campground experiences was in the Newburg, NY KOA.
mtmsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #65

I’ve stayed in pigeon forge KOA and only in premium sites which are large nice and pricey. I have reservations in Nashville KOA in a premium pull thru which will be pricey also but was the best place I could find.