Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:33 AM   #15

Well, the 5 gal bucket sounds like a good idea. We have a 2008 Gulfstream Canyon Trail, no washer hookups, any recommendations? The drying isn't a concern, just need a washer.
emoehlke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #16

I have heard of a round barrel thing that rolls around in the compartment and washes your clothes. Always the good old scrub board our great grandparents used!
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoehlke View Post
Well, the 5 gal bucket sounds like a good idea. We have a 2008 Gulfstream Canyon Trail, no washer hookups, any recommendations? The drying isn't a concern, just need a washer.
Washing Machine | Five Gallon Ideas
Old 12-13-2015, 05:54 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
IMO using the laundromat while on the road is mostly an inconvenience rather than an ecology matter. We wear lots of tee shirts and shorts so we go a long time with only one load of laundry.

Do not like sitting and waiting.
We are about the same, this past summer we stopped at a new laundry and for what it cost to use the machines, I could have bought a washer. I always hang the cloths out on the line when possible. When I was going thru my boating years we just took a bar of soap and hit the river. Got a bath at the same time.
Now that is conserving.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:03 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can Camp View Post
Hey,

So I have been wondering about solutions to laundry on the road. I hate using laundromats and was searching for an alternative. I found this site here Yirego and they have a cute, portable alternative that uses no electricity....but I can't get it til next year if I order it. Anyone have any other ideas that use no electricity and little water? Thanks!
Ok.....maybe you're camping in a tent, but I had to chuckle at you reducing your carbon footprint. Motorhomes are not so good at that....
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote