Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #15

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Pays for itself with only one use a year. When you layout your travel plans, just pull up their website and see where it crosses your path. I have an annual turkey hunt that more than pays for my Passport America membership.
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
PPA pays for itself many times over for us!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is our renewal time, i wish there "lifetime" package was a little better value. I would go that route. I think they told me it was about $400.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i noticed there is two different websites with two different phone numbers to call . anyone know the difference. if you look quick the logo looks the same, same rates. one is based in MS the other is in FL.

Passport America The original 50% Discount Camping Club - Passport America Discount Camping Club

Passport America - The Original 50% Discount Camping Club
Old 02-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #19

We renewed ours with a lifetime membership a couple of years ago. If I recall correctly, we paid around $150 for life. We have used it 3-4 times since so have pretty much covered the cost and the rest is gravy.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #20

My PA APP is the first park finder I use when traveling. The low cost is certainly worth it if you are traveling since it pays for itself quickly. If restrictions or locations aren't condusive to our plans, I use the GoodSam APP to find GS parks and other 'non GS' parks and state parks. I also use GoogleMap with a general 'RV' and 'Campground' search in the area we are searching for. It sometimes finds parks and parking sites that do not show on other sites, and it gives you a 'birds eye' overhead view of the park setup and entry roads.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #21

I second the positive comments written before. Been a member of PPA since 2001 and a few years back, got the life membership when they were having a special. It goes without saying like other folks have mentioned, PPA pays for itself quickly.
About the only downside, if there is one, is that some of the campgrounds have restrictions. I can live with that and usually try to travel on open days and schedule my stops accordingly. Other times we stay in Nat., state parks and COE campgrounds. When we first started with PPA, I don't remember parks restricting on weekends as much. Could be there are more campers today.

POI factory has a PPA campground file that you can download and put into your GPS for easy directions to most of the locations.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:52 PM   #22

Some of the differences between memberships is for park owners themselves: With PA they have to provide a 1/2 price discount off their regular daily rate, but can provide restrictions of number of days, or weekends excluded, or back-in sites only, or only during certain months, etc. GS provides a standard 10% discount off regular rates, but generally doesn't allow the park to make any restrictions, though I was told by one park owner that GS demands that they ALWAYS keep one site open for GS members, even if none show up(?).
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #23

We have a lifetime membership. It paid for itself in the first year. Call them and ask about a lifetime membership.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
We use it whenever we can. Just one use a year pays for that year !
This year was paid for even before we take our five month summer journey.
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
That is by far the best membership I have ever bought in 20 years of rv'ing. Paid for itself over and over again!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #26

Just bought it in February of this year, have used it six times the last two weeks while we traveled from Washington State to Palm Springs Ca, and planning on using it five days while we are in Phoenix next week. What a great deal!!😋
Snowmobile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #27

We use it whenever possible, and have not been disappointed - except for the memorable time when after a long day's travelling we pulled up to a campsite that had obviously been closed for about six months. Nothing on the website or anywhere else indicated this. Even the campsite web page had not been taken down. WHOA!!!!!! Another three hours finally got us a place. Not fun. I always meant to contact them to moan a bit, but never got around to it. My cell-phone was out, which prevented my usual call ahead, and (silly me) I believed the website. The moral? CALL AHEAD!!! I always will in future. And, no, without going out to the rig and checking my tour diary, I can't remember where this was. Sorry! Otherwise, we really do like Passport America, and will continue to use them.
nemlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:00 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have been with them for over 8 years, a money saver.