Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Murf2u,
I started a thread a while back looking for such places in FL. I looked but couldn't find anything. Can you point to some specifics?
Thanks

Happy to help. The site below would be a really good start.

http://www.riverranchrv.net/riverran...4sale_list.asp
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #16

Our Home base

We were lucky to find a good deal in a RV mobile home park. Concrete pad no grass to mow and a 8x10 shed Nice Location Good price and low maintenance fees. Still haven't sold our house but it was a good buy so we went for it. Lot is 35 x 60.
We can also rent it when we aren't using it. It's in Plant City, FL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lot11.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	127371  
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #17

I am just now shopping for an RV (again), and saw this thread. It seems to me what would be great is if there were some sort of RV lot sharing web site, sort of like Airbnb where RV owners that own properties could share that other RV'er's could use in exchange of use of the other person's property. For example I have some family farm land in north east Louisiana with about a thousand feet of waterfront along the Ouchaita river along with one of its disconnected oxbow lakes (about 500 ft on each), which would be a great place for someone that likes boondock camping (no power / sewer, etc. since it is a flood zone), there is even a boat launch about 1-2 miles away the river or the lake. (think the Duck Dynasty part of the state, not Swamp People part) It would be great if there was some easy way for me to exchange camping rights with someone that had similar property perhaps in the mountains that they were not using somewhere else. Ideally this would include bi-directional reviews, if the site was as described, if the campers cleaned up after themselves, etc.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #18

There is a website called boondockers welcome that allows you to find and share land that others can boondock on. Boondockerswelcome.com
GaryMaryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
I am just now shopping for an RV (again), and saw this thread. It seems to me what would be great is if there were some sort of RV lot sharing web site, sort of like Airbnb where RV owners that own properties could share that other RV'er's could use in exchange of use of the other person's property. For example I have some family farm land in north east Louisiana with about a thousand feet of waterfront along the Ouchaita river along with one of its disconnected oxbow lakes (about 500 ft on each), which would be a great place for someone that likes boondock camping (no power / sewer, etc. since it is a flood zone), there is even a boat launch about 1-2 miles away the river or the lake. (think the Duck Dynasty part of the state, not Swamp People part) It would be great if there was some easy way for me to exchange camping rights with someone that had similar property perhaps in the mountains that they were not using somewhere else. Ideally this would include bi-directional reviews, if the site was as described, if the campers cleaned up after themselves, etc.
We own 700 acres outside of Houston, with some on a drainage ditch, some in cow pastures, and tons along a Trinity River Oxbow and surrounding forests, with roads cut throughout by the timber and oil companies. I have thought about offering some to boondockers, but I cannot help but think what would happen if someone got hurt, a tree fell on them, they drowned in our water or got in contact with a gator or poisonous snake. We are insured for a BUNCH, but the wrong incident and a file against our insurance and we could lose the entire property.
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #20

It is sad, but much of the same sort of concerns come to mind for me as well.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #21

Responsibilty

We really do need tort reform. I hate how nobody accepts responsibility for their own actions and tries to profit off others. We can no longer help others out without being penalized. Plus all the regulations government puts on things we want to do, deter some really neat things we could do also. It's very aggravating. I did buy a lot in a park and they allow us to rent ours out but we have to have a background check done on anyone we allow to rent the lot when we are not using it. This is a good thing, but can possibly hold up a prospect renter.. They would have to make arrangements well in advance for the background check to be done. But I still liked the idea, if I would like to rent my lot while I'm traveling. I have a nice lot in the Tampa Fl. area if anyone is interested let me know. The lot is in Plant City east of Tampa.
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Something else occurs to me, we Baby Boomers are the largest group in the US, at the moment, and the great majority of us may be retired. Now, of course we as BB RV'ers are in the minority compared to the whole bunch.

And coming up in the ranks are, well you already know, and in many parts of the country, developers are going crazy (again) building subdivisions that virtually create a new town, for these up and comers.

As our needs (and wants) change, as we age, etc and begin our next life, full timing or close to it, the much younger crowd (the Consumers, in the eyes of the retailers) infrastructure begins to encroach on us. So to speak.

Cities are hot to allow the development in county locations so they can then annex and increase the tax base and city coffers. This is happening in San Antonio but here in Texas, people fight back.

However, that does not mean it is not happening.

I have found that in addition to Florida, RV specific lots are available in areas along the Texas gulf coast, same for some in Louisiana. So far the ones I have found.

So what does that mean? RV lots ARE available, as long as you want to own one near water. We are being directed.

As pointed out in previous posts, some of you own land, but admit you MAY not be able to with it what you would like because of various statutes and/or regulations that exist now, but not so long ago did not.

My DW and I are not ready to leave TX and don't really want to, but even in the last year, it has become almost impossible to find property considered "close" to the city where we can keep our MH. Without being in the "price is no object" category, we now are pushed over an hour away, up near a lake (sounds ok, right?) which would be, but only one 2-lane highway in and out and only the barest of necessities of service in the area.

Not sure what to do here, living in CG's is one way I suppose.
HD Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:01 AM   #23

I have to ask what you call the barest of necessities? I live in a town of about 10,000 people in SW Louisiana, so over the years I have grown somewhat accustomed to limited selection of goods, however in the last few years I find other than groceries the vast majority of the goods I purchase come from the internet. Everything from power tools to dog food is available online these days, and usually at a lower price than can be bought in brick and mortar stores. The things I don't buy online are limited to perishables, bulky goods, and things that can't wait the 48-72 hours it takes for Amazon to deliver to my door.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:12 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
TooTallTom:

Only a suggestion to you, that across the street is so close, you could ask for a variance. Happens all the time for one time things. If a clerk says no, that is not necessarily the final word. Don't ask them for permission, get it from your neighbors, then ask that clerk for the paperwork and the City Council, if a small community, would vote.

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:52 AM   #25

DW and I have been looking for land for an RV port and maybe a small house to live in while we are there in the Southeast US. We found restrictions to be an issue for many of the properties that we found. We located some property in south Georgia that has a small house and 4 acres. No restrictions but we will have to build an RV port. They are out there just have to look, look, look for them.
Tupelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #26

Boondockerswelcome.com can connect those of us willing to share. I for one am willing to share and have joined. For me, makes more sense than buying campsites since I still own S+B.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwok View Post
TooTallTom:

Only a suggestion to you, that across the street is so close, you could ask for a variance. Happens all the time for one time things. If a clerk says no, that is not necessarily the final word. Don't ask them for permission, get it from your neighbors, then ask that clerk for the paperwork and the City Council, if a small community, would vote.
I thought of another thing: most plat maps designate "your" land as to the middle of the road or street. So technically it may be argued you lot
IS Adjacent?
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote