Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
I seem to be in the majority of opinion here too. I just went deeply into debt for my first motor home for many years to come. That's okay though, it's my choice but, and that's a big BUT, I'll be darned if I am going to lend out something to someone who, no matter how much they mean to me, comes back to me later with a song and a dance on how they accidentally scraped the top of my rig because they weren't aware of the overhead when driving! There are a lot of worse case scenarios. FWIW I ride a motorcycle and I never let anyone ride it.
One more thing, I have a friend who just this week was looking to buy a motor home. His logical wife ( blast their logic, it always comes back to bite me later when they are right! )says to him "Why don't we rent one first to try it out and se if we like it?" So he agreed. Do you know how much they wanted to rent one for a week? $5000. Seriously! FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
One more thing, I have a friend who just this week was looking to buy a motor home. His logical wife ( blast their logic, it always comes back to bite me later when they are right! )says to him "Why don't we rent one first to try it out and se if we like it?" So he agreed. Do you know how much they wanted to rent one for a week? $5000. Seriously! FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!
Isn't it crazy? When we were in the market and got the advice to rent first we looked in to it and found the same thing.

Renting a small Class C might be a good option for folks wanting to get the RV experience but Class A... much less a DP... seem to be priced out of the market for a lot of us.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rent ours out???? Nah, that would never happen.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #32

tell your friend i might be able to help him. i agree $5,000 for a week is a little high. i will negotiate a little on the price. you can see it posted at interesting find on irv2.com p.s i'm looking for investers to help start my bussiness.
wonderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
P

I HAVE A SAYING TO PEOPLE THAT ASK ME TO BORROW MY THINGS.I SAY YOU DON'T ASK ME TO RIDE MY HARLEY,YOU DON'T ASK TO BORROW MY TOOTH BRUSH,AND MOST OF ALL YOU DON'T ASK TO BORROW MY MH.JUST SAY NO!!!! AND YOU WILL STILL HAVE A FRIEND.GOOD LUCK BE SAFE
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #34

5K for a week...

That is what we paid for our 38 SE...

No we do not consider loaning, renting or other.

Bobcat not loaned either...
Old 12-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #35

no no no. just rember no one takes care of it like YOU.
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #36

I would do it. Just to see what happens in the name of science. Especially to a kegger party....I mean NASCAR. And I say this because it is not mine.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
In the end you have to remember that there is a saying in the rental world: "Don't be gentle, it's a rental!"

Mike
I know many that traveled and used rental cars, I mean really used them. A speed bump was a sign to accellerate!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
ever seen the movie RV with Robin Williams? Thats what people do to rental RV's
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #39

I own two RV's, a Newmar Mountain Aire and a Starcraft Travel Trailer that I have in a legitimate rental program with an experienced owner. I would recommend that they find a good rental company and rent from them. They will have insurance coverage thru MBAChoice or your friend can get a binder from their insurance company. Another thing to consider. If you have an extended warranty, it will be null and void in most cases if the unit is rented. Don't really know if you just let a friend use it. Need to read the very, very fine print.
esfritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I only paid $2500 for mine, but I still don't think I could ever loan it out. No one will treat your stuff like you will.

LOL - I got a real kick out of reading these replies!
87bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
oh I surly would!!! A 200,000.00 deposit non refundable. and 1000.00 per day. Yep that would work for me.
Chow5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #42

i go to the races with a freind, his son and by son. 2nd year we took my older motorhome his son wanted to fold down table to make in to a bed. he broke table leg. couldn't find same type latch. had to cobble together. he offered to pay for it. told him not to worry about it. next year he bought his own travel trailer.
he,s the one that bought a boat with his sister and brother inlaw. always complained about they took care of it.
volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote