Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #43

To you it's your home; to others it's just a rental. Would anyone take care of it like you would?
AdirondackJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #44

NO, not even family, even two of our grandkids are not welcome, 7-9 yr olds, tear up Everything, mom says just being kids, our daughter wasn't raised that way?????? Told her they were welcome when she had them tamed.
ltfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #45

Besides the fact I do not think your insurance will cover it if you rent your MH.

How long did it take you to feel comfortable with all the systems?

Why would he want to rent from you v/s a rental company?

I see no upside for you to rent your MH...

I join all the others that said "NO"!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #46

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Would I rent out my motor home? In one word, NO.

Jerry
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I quickly scanned this thread and only saw one reference to insurance.

I'd make a BIG bet, your insurance has an exclusion if you rent out your RV.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #48

In 1993, when my father passed, a good friend of ours reserved an rv site at Lake Siskiyou in Shasta County California. He then loaned us his full of gas rv and gave us $75.00 for fuel. All of this was done unrequested; he knew my family liked (tent) camping and wanted us to have a good time. Fast forward nearly 23 years, having graduated from tent camping to class C, we now have a 2007 Tiffin Open Road that we use all the time with our 3 grand sons. I really appreciated that gesture 22 years ago, and would like to believe I would have been able to do that gesture had the situation been reversed?

I recall someone telling me, " Don't borrow anything you can't pay for."
PapaBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
1. NO
2. $10,000/day
3. NO
4. NONE, just don't do it!

Cannot agrees more, I would not do it, not even for my best friend!
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #50

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would never do it.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #51

Some things you never lend out:

RV

Motorcycle

Power Tools

Wife

They never come back in the same condition!
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #52

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
A 200,000.00 deposit non refundable. and 1000.00 per day. Yep that would work for me.
That would make a down payment on our rig which is why I won't even consider renting it!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #53

No. You'll probably have to replace your roof after he and 9 friends sit on it with their lawnchairs. Simply too much to go wrong IMHO.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:24 AM   #54

This subject seems to come up on a regular basis and it's a resounding NO from the members of this forum... I am not one of them. However, most of the members have an RV as a second or even first home. When my wife and I decided to buy an RV it was because we saw a hole in the rental market. In our area you can rent a 32' Class C but it is impossible to find a toy hauler for rent. We bought one in April of this year and have rented it a total of 5 times so far with the entire rest of summer booked (except for a few weekends we kept to ourselves). We didn't buy it with the intention of making money renting it but more with the idea that it can almost pay for itself. Up until this point we've rented at least one RV a summer to go to places like Sturgis or BIR. Each time it ran $1500. Now I get to go RV'ing as much as I want and it doesn't cost me $1500 every time. Things do break and I repair them but overall the renters have been wonderful. There will come a renter that changes my tune, but we are picky about who we rent to and everything is repairable/replaceable if you get a good size security deposit.

With that in mind, I would strongly suggest avoiding renting if your RV is YOUR RV. We bought ours to use as a small business and we look at it as such. The wear and tear is planned so it doesn't break our hearts. Renting an RV that is your second home and you have an attachment to would absolutely suck. Also, if you're going to go down the rental path make sure you call MBA insurance or another of the sort and get a policy specific for rentals. Most insurance companies are not going to cover conversion (if a renter fails to return) because, while they are stealing, you gave them the key. The policies that are specific to rentals will cover this and they will also give you a much larger umbrella than a typical policy. I can't say enough good things about MBA because before we got into this they helped so much and continue to do so. All of my rental documents are from them, designed to match my insurance policy and cover my a$$.

Good luck and safe travels!
just4plaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #55

Wow!

Thanks just4plaay! As I read through this thread I looked back over the things that I have rented--aircraft (including ultralights), motorcycles (including race bikes), cars, trucks, RVs, trailers and on and on. I can't imagine that I'm the only responsible renter out there! J4P makes the case that it isn't for everyone but if you take the proper precautions it can be a beneficial experience for everyone involved.

My lovely and I own a couple of apartment buildings. We are very selective about who we rent to and being proactive up front cuts down on our turnover and our overhead.
Goofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #56

NO
NO
NO
NEVER
Not in this lifetime or ever.
Explanations not needed.
StreamNTyme is offline   Reply With Quote