RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-05-2019, 07:50 AM   #29

If the trailer is appropriate size and you mostly desire the parks and such hey wagons hooo and enjoy the trips. If you want to also do city type stuff with museums and such perhaps a B or Cmini may be your cup of cocoa.

Pining for stuff well makes it sweeter when it arrives, just having stuff given to ya, never happened to me but makes me feel that the stuff is generally not valued as much and therefore not enjoyed as much. There is a dimension of satisfaction that gets attached to things when they were worked towards and achieved, could be my envious streak or could be real dunno!

Travel in comfort and carefully, get a good tow hitch set up, anti sway weights all correct etc. In these days of camera's make it such that you can see what ya need to see for backing up and such, will make things much easier.

In my heavy boating days, peak season etc, I had a tow ball put on the front bumper to ease the launching and retrieval of the boat, cannot tell you how much easier and faster it made the process. Kept the rear engine higher and dryer on the ramp too! Though the trailer did have a tongue extension we stopped needing to use it most of the time.

As stated by the above post, the nitty gritty of the hobby are an important aspect to consider for better enjoyment and budgeting evaluations. As they say the God is in the details of how stuff is done, and the devil easy to spot in that area.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #30

I hear what you are saying. Its fun to dream. After all it doesnt cost a thing. You know just sitting in the chair in the den watching tv, youtube of travelers.

I have...I am having fun.

TOO LONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #31

Wanting my ex husband was unimaginably more fun than having him.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #32

So if you see a guy looking around wondering why his ears are burning ask him if he knows a Nancy.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #33

Wanting to retire and go full time is not more fun now, than it will be when I can do it.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #34

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
If the trailer is appropriate size and you mostly desire the parks and such hey wagons hooo and enjoy the trips. If you want to also do city type stuff with museums and such perhaps a B or Cmini may be your cup of cocoa.

Pining for stuff well makes it sweeter when it arrives, just having stuff given to ya, never happened to me but makes me feel that the stuff is generally not valued as much and therefore not enjoyed as much. There is a dimension of satisfaction that gets attached to things when they were worked towards and achieved, could be my envious streak or could be real dunno!

Travel in comfort and carefully, get a good tow hitch set up, anti sway weights all correct etc. In these days of camera's make it such that you can see what ya need to see for backing up and such, will make things much easier.

In my heavy boating days, peak season etc, I had a tow ball put on the front bumper to ease the launching and retrieval of the boat, cannot tell you how much easier and faster it made the process. Kept the rear engine higher and dryer on the ramp too! Though the trailer did have a tongue extension we stopped needing to use it most of the time.

As stated by the above post, the nitty gritty of the hobby are an important aspect to consider for better enjoyment and budgeting evaluations. As they say the God is in the details of how stuff is done, and the devil easy to spot in that area.

Never heard that one.
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:04 AM   #35

outdoorplay, not sure if you still follow this thread, but where were you that rented you out that mountain bike? Sweet GT. I used to have a GT Avalanche (put front suspension on it only). I also had a kilerV900 which I polished out the frame and had a buddy paint the rockshox, and got new stickers. I would constantly get asked about my blue shocks back in the day of the gold rockshox.

I wanted to get back into mountain biking, especially when I am full timing but bikes go for a LOT of money now. My Killer V and avalance were $700 each back in the early 90s. Came with good Shimano gear LX/XT mostly.
Pyropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #36

It's all about how you see life. Commitments are self-made prisons.

There is only one thing in life that you have to look forward to and that is you're going to die.

Enjoy your lives!
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #37

What? Well, here I was just now looking forward to a good night's sleep but you say I'm going to die instead? Kind of puts a damper on the weekend.

Think I'll follow a rather more upbeat philosophy. Just sitting around waiting to die doesn't sound like much fun to me, but you go ahead.

GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote