Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Camping RV (FCRV)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #15

about our third time out with the new trailer i had moved it from the side of the garage to the drivew.., URR eheemm "crib" while we finished packing. (for you Fatdog) LOL

we got to the family farm and found i had forgot the power cord for the trailer. OOOOOps.

now my wife swares she pointed it out ot me and asked if we needed it. I dont recall that though, i must have been selectively hearing her at that point.

My sister-in-law had to drive 40 minutes out of her way to bring it to us. it was a 3 day weekend too. that would not have been fun.

Coco saved the day for us and the wife has been assigned the task of grabbing me by the ears, looking me straight in the eyes and asking "did you bring the power cord?"

Todd T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2005, 03:36 AM   #16

We forgot the can opener one time when we were tent camping. Luckily fellow campers are always so friendly, they loaned us theirs. Otherwise, we would have gone hungry.

Sandra/mamaloya

'05 Fleetwood Colonial
'96 Astro Van
ds14, dd9, ds6, dd4, dd2

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #17

When we were tent camping we got to the campground and realized we had no tentpoles. So we went to a store picked up some nylon string and tied 4 corners to 4 trees and laughed about it all weekend.
JRone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Living in Minnesota sometime in the mid 80's we were tent campers then. Had reservations at Hennepin State Park on Lake Mille Lacs for Memorial Day Weekend.

We drove north from Minneapolis and after arrival discovered we had left both suitcases at home. So no change of clothes, and worse even, no blankets.

It got down to the 40's that night and man were we cold! Next day (Saturday) we found some blankets and clothes at yard sales in town.

Mac
Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #19

Back in the day, when I was about 12 years old, our family went on a cross country trip. We loaded into our Ford Ranch Wagon, pulling a 1973 23ft Prowler TT and headed east. 500 Miles later Mom found she had forgotten to pack clothing for all five of us kids!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tgt:
I figure if I remember beer and my hormones, the weekend will be okay.

That said, I print my Camping Checklist - developed over the years - every trip, whether it is for a weekend or a month. It is two pages and has areas for menu/food planning, plus a page of everything that needs to be in the RV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea.

Share your checklists peeps!!!
Newbies like me could use the advice!!
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
We have not loaded the motorhome for full-timing yet so we have to think about it when we go for a long weekend.

On a recent trip I forgot to bring drinking glasses. But I remembered the coffee mugs so morning coffee was great. And guess what? Our happy hour beverages tasted just as good as usual in coffee mugs.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #22

Don't tell anyone, but when we arrived at ABC campground in Branson last July, our first item on the to-do list was go buy me some skivvies. Seems I left the RV supply at home in the dryer. That doesn't sound to bad---but--I've been camping for about 40 years to date.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #23
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Ray,IN

"Camping for about 40 years to date" WOW in the same pair of skivvies, heck yea it is time for some new ones ROFLMAO !!! Sorry that was to easy to pass up !11
Old 12-19-2007, 06:32 AM   #24

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Well, this is a really old thread but since it is still here....

We were on our way to Niagara Falls (about 3 hours from home) when my then 10 yr old pointed out that she had left her retainer at home. We were going to be gone for 2 weeks and not wearing it wasn't an option. She was wearing it 24/7 at that point. So we had to call our aunt and ask her to get it for us and overnight it. It cost us about $40 and ended up taking 4 days to get there.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 AM   #25
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Lil'Darlin1972, I was just wondering if it was sent overnight for $40, why did it take 4 days to get there, and did you get any type of refund?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 AM   #26

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi All,

Hey Lil'Darlin1972, I was just wondering if it was sent overnight for $40, why did it take 4 days to get there, and did you get any type of refund?

Al,Sandy,2 Grown kids and 2 small Dogs,and now one Cat! Oops make that two cats! I am starting to feel like Noah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Gotta love UPS. They said it takes longer for international shipping (Mi to Niargara Falls, ON). I was just in the UPS store last week mailing a package(On a Thursday). The contents were worth about $25. My options were one day shipping for $14 (which meant it would get there on Monday) or regular ground shipping for $8 which would get it there Monday or Tuesday. I have no idea how they come up with their shipping times. I sent it regular gound and it did get there on Tuesday. </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #27

We did a big Christmas trip to Key West and told the kids to pack their Wii since they were asking Santa for a Wii game for Christmas. They packed the Wii but forgot the remotes. They opened their Christmas presents but couldn't play the game until they got home. Guess they learned a good lesson

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We tried to get money back from the USPS on an overnight envelope that took 4 days to deliver. Seems the USPS delivered to the wrong address...our daughters campus PO Box when we plainly had the dorm address and room. Claimed they do not deliver to dorms. Sounded like meadow muffins to me, but they never refunded our overnight fee. Last time we used USPS for any overnight or any other parcels, etc. We go ahead and use UPS of Fed-X.

UPS did not have a problem with the dorm address.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote