RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #1

Any thirty somethings?

I've been popping around this forum for a while, and have been on the road for a few months (solo, full-time, class c). It has been great, and become very clear to me that RVing is generally a post-retirement activity. I think that's awesome! That said... Is there any people in this forum who are also in their 30s or 40s? Where do you guys go?

Bonesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #2

I have friends that camp with us that fit that age range. They go the same places the rest of us go. If there is something you want to see find a CG near there and go make new friends.

tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbos1958 View Post
I have friends that camp with us that fit that age range. They go the same places the rest of us go. If there is something you want to see find a CG near there and go make new friends.
That's what I've been doing! Just wondering if there are any other thirty something RVers in the forum.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #4

We went FT in our mid 50's......and majority of time WE were the youngsters in CGs

We did come across a handful of late 30s-- early 40s but not often

Steady on-going Income and Medical were limiting factors.

Folks do FT and continue working when their job allows (IT, Traveling Nurse, Web, oil/gas fields etc)
We retired early so 'working' was NOT in our plans

Good for you and best wishes in your choice of lifestyle
We Loved it and are grateful we were able to go FT
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
We went FT in our mid 50's......and majority of time WE were the youngsters in CGs

We did come across a handful of late 30s-- early 40s but not often

Steady on-going Income and Medical were limiting factors.

Folks do FT and continue working when their job allows (IT, Traveling Nurse, Web, oil/gas fields etc)
We retired early so 'working' was NOT in our plans

Good for you and best wishes in your choice of lifestyle
We Loved it and are grateful we were able to go FT
That's awesome! You're living the dream!
And yeah, I had a feeling with those factors, full timers especially, would he hard to find in my age range. I have noticed as I have headed west, the age varies a lot more.
I've heard the RV culture on the west coast can be pretty sketchy in areas, with groups of people lining city streets. Those are not the young people I'm trying to connect with. Sounds harsh, but this is a choice for me, and I choose to be... Not a problem for locals.
I'm looking forward to connecting with more people in my age range. Soloing is absolutely awesome, but can get lonely.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #6

There are several couples that have You Tube blogs that are in their 20s to 30s.
tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #7

There a younger group in the Escapee RV Club called the Xscapers.

Xscapers -

Here's a blog of a young woman. She volunteers a lot and has also worked at Amazon during the holidays. She loves boondocking. She's now in Costa Rica volunteering for 12 weeks. Do some clicking on her site for lots of good information on 'how to'....

https://interstellarorchard.com/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
There a younger group in the Escapee RV Club called the Xscapers.

Xscapers -
Thank you so much! I'm going to check this out!
Old 03-16-2019, 12:45 AM   #9

My wife and I are in our late 30s. We have been fulltiming for the past 4 years with our 2 kids.

There is a large community of families who fulltime with kids.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:53 AM   #10

I live in SoCal and I can tell you we encounter a lot of young families that are full timing out here. My girls' best friend lives FT in an RV and when we go to the RV park where they are staying there are a half dozen FT RV families there.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesteel View Post
I've been popping around this forum for a while, and have been on the road for a few months (solo, full-time, class c). It has been great, and become very clear to me that RVing is generally a post-retirement activity. I think that's awesome! That said... Is there any people in this forum who are also in their 30s or 40s? Where do you guys go?

Yes, my wife and I are in our thirties (no kids) and are traveling full time. We are currently in Benson, AZ and will be here for another couple weeks before slowly starting to head north.

We go everywhere, awesome boondocking spots, private RV parks, visit family, and State Parks. Is that what you're asking? Are you just asking because you don't see many people in your age range? We haven't seen many other RVer's in our age range either (but there are out there). But RVer's aren't the only people we've met along the way.

If you're in the Southwest for winter, let us know, we meet up with all kinds of other people. You're welcome to join us.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad1970 View Post
Yes, my wife and I are in our thirties (no kids) and are traveling full time. We are currently in Benson, AZ and will be here for another couple weeks before slowly starting to head north.

We go everywhere, awesome boondocking spots, private RV parks, visit family, and State Parks. Is that what you're asking? Are you just asking because you don't see many people in your age range? We haven't seen many other RVer's in our age range either (but there are out there). But RVer's aren't the only people we've met along the way.

If you're in the Southwest for winter, let us know, we meet up with all kinds of other people. You're welcome to join us.
Thank you! Yeah, I'm mostly asking because I haven't seen any other RVers my age, until I got to Austin,Texas (where I am now for a couple more days). I literally did not meet a single one, on the entire east coast, from the end of December until now. I'm guessing the west doesn't only have a new landscape to offer, but a whole new group of RVers.

Do you know of any other forums or clubs for working age RVers? I saw the one listed above here, and am joining. Wondering if you have any other leads?

Honestly... My question is more about finding a little confidence in myself and this trip/lifestyle. I'm new to this, and it can be daunting, as I'm sure you experienced. I know there are other younger people out there! When I spend two months with only retirees, I start questioning if I made the right choice. I don't exactly "fit in", and fitting in isn't something I even thought I'd worry about at 38. Ya know?

I appreciate your feedback!!
Old 03-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Bonesteel, don't feel bad about not fitting in. We're 20 years older than you and we don't fit in as most older peeps don't want to get up and about. Went to a rally and was told by several that they were just to worn out, literally, to get out and really do anything active. Tried several times to get the attendees to join us in "active" activities and was told that our knees are bad, have X wrong with us and all sorts of excuses to just sit on their arses. Have you ever wondered why most just continue that rear quadrant spread? Life's too short to just sit around. I have a term illness and that doesn't stop me at all. Get out and move about, a body in motion doesn't gather rust.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #14

Thank you! And I love your attitude about being active! Keep moving!
I knew that doing this solo was going to be challenging, as far as meeting people, and I'm ok with that. That said... It's really hard to approach a couple that is 30 and 40 years older than me, with my tattoos and jewelry, and make friends. I know a lot of that is my own idea of what people expect and how they'll react to me, but I've also had people straight up tell me they didn't like the way I look. And I enjoyed making jewelry with that ladies during brunch at an RV park, but... I'd prefer a little more excitement.
I don't expect to meet a bff everywhere I go, but every couple states, it's be cool to have a conversation with like-minded individuals!