Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #1

We are currently looking for a part time truck driver for End Dump, Side Dump and Belly Dump as well as some equipment hauling. We are hoping to have a full hookup near our shop as part of the deal. We pay well and can keep you as busy as you want to be. Must have current medical card. All trucks are high horsepower and in good condition. All have Jakes. We have 1 10 spd, 3 13 spd's and 2 15 spd's. Lots and Lots of recreation on your time off. I always had great luck hiring workampers when i managed a campground so i talked the boss into trying this out. Shoot me an e-mail or a pm if interested. Here is a link to the area.

http://www.helenamontana.com/

We are 2 hours from Yellowstone and 3 hours from Glacier.

Matt
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #2

We are currently looking for a part time truck driver for End Dump, Side Dump and Belly Dump as well as some equipment hauling. We are hoping to have a full hookup near our shop as part of the deal. We pay well and can keep you as busy as you want to be. Must have current medical card. All trucks are high horsepower and in good condition. All have Jakes. We have 1 10 spd, 3 13 spd's and 2 15 spd's. Lots and Lots of recreation on your time off. I always had great luck hiring workampers when i managed a campground so i talked the boss into trying this out. Shoot me an e-mail or a pm if interested. Here is a link to the area.

http://www.helenamontana.com/

We are 2 hours from Yellowstone and 3 hours from Glacier.

Matt
Old 02-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #3

Matt,

Sounds like a dream workcamper job for me, but I doubt we would be able to find my partner computer work in Helena!

I wish you luck, and hope you find some good help. Would love to see more opportunities like this one pop up!

John
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #4

Hey Matt,

Man that sounds like fun, if I where a little younger. Just a little. Still have my full ticket with card.
I did promise myself never to drive a dirt hauler again when I sold my 66 DM600/Quadroplex/MACK.

Did you get my email last week?

One way or another hope to see you later this year. I just found out that one of the most reputable SCOTISH FOLD cateries/breeders in the country is in Helina.
73's STRAYCAT/Jimmy
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:26 AM   #5

Hey Jimmy!!! How ya doin?? Good to see ya o the board! I DID NOT get your e-mail last week. You may have sent it to my Yahoo account but there is so much spam at Yahoo it's hard to find the good stuff! Try mjstef @ gmail.com (take the spaces out. They keep the webcrawlers from getting my e-mail address....

And BTW, The breeder is about 4 miles North of us. http://www.scottishfold.com/

Hey Moder, This is the state capitol. Should be some puter work around...........
Old 02-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
WHAT COULD A PART TIME DRIVER EXPECT TO MAKE WORKING IN MONTANA THIS SUMMER ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
WHAT COULD A PART TIME DRIVER EXPECT TO MAKE WORKING IN MONTANA THIS SUMMER ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on the workload you would like to carry and the work available you could make up to and around 750 a week. Some weeks there might be 2-3 days but sometimes there is 5 -10 hour days. We never work weekends. I'll drive when i have time but i am usually in a backhoe or an excavator......................
Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #8

Just a bump to the top. Still looking.........................
Old 03-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #9

Have CDL, now just wish I was retired. Boy if I were I'd be their in a heartbeat. Sure can't see why someone won't take you up on this. Good luck.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #10

Matt, even though our stop in Helina this past fall was short. We felt Helina would be a good place for someone to begin a future.
The best part, it is under that BIG SKY with lots of activity and adventure nearby.
Helina is a big city and capital of Montana, with small city flair and beliefs. It has everything a person could want and more. JMHO
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MMouser:
Matt, even though our stop in Helina this past fall was short. We felt Helina would be a good place for someone to begin a future.
The best part, it is under that BIG SKY with lots of activity and adventure nearby.
Helina is a big city and capital of Montana, with small city flair and beliefs. It has everything a person could want and more. JMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jimmy,

Your 100% right. It has been very good for us. The best thing about out here VS. where i grew up 60 miles west of Chicago and where i spent 5 years in North central Florida is you can trust people here. The keys are always in our vehicles and the door are never locked. No crime to speak of. I think the state as a whole had 6 murders last year. We feel safe to let our kids run a mock her and don't worry much about them. The weather is great too. Yeah we have a winter but you know it has been in the 40-50's since Valentines day and is warming up every day. That said we RARELY ever see anything over 85* in the summer and NO HUMIDITY! I had heat exhaustion 2X in Florida so the lack of humidity is a godsend. Also moving from Florida to here my wife threw away 6 prescriptions and quit getting allergy shots every week and my oldest daughters allergies have went away too. All around this has been a great move.