Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I was able to put off buying a Blue Boy for almost three years, and then finally got one when staying for a couple of months at a campground that could not put me in a site with a sewer connection. I have a lot of experience boondocking and check on local regulations for dumping waste water on the ground.

The blue boy enabled me to do all my washing in my own RV where I am most comfortable and I could run my air conditioning while I was at those chores. Dumping it wasn't something that bothered me much.

In the first year I had the RV and spent a few months in the desert SW in the winter I saw a lot of Blue Boys and they made a lot of sense to me for folks that spend significant time away from hookups.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #16

You will find if boondocking, doing laundry will consume your fresh water tanks very quickly. Unless you are bringing along a fresh water tank to refill your fresh, as well as a blueboy, you might as well forget about doing laundry except in very limited amounts. As others have stated, they are only much use if you are on full hook ups. If you boondock for extended stays in one place, and have some way to haul it, a portable waste container might be useful. Otherwise, not so much. We have had one for the last two winters, approx. 20,000 miles, and didnt use it once.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We stayed in a CG in N.E. Washington with water/electric only. Our black tank is 50 gals and we went 3 weeks before having the honey wagon come and pump it all out. The CG worker operating the honey wagon said that was the fullest he'd ever seen his honey wagon get off a single black tank dump. During that period time period dishes were washed and the waste water used to keep the plants green. It was fire season so we did what we could to keep the tinder wet. Both of us used the CG showers as they were super clean. Don't have a W/D yet so CG facilities were utilized. A Blue Boy may be in our future but not anytime soon.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #18

Like others we save water by using paper products. If I have a campfire I burn the paper otherwise I have a small 3 gallon metal bucket I use to burn trash in. I never flush w/ fresh water and can go over 2 weeks on a tank of water, taking a quick shower daily. No BlueBoy needed.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #19

We have one that we always carried in our class “C” which had smaller holding tanks than our new class “A”. I only used it for gray water but it sure came in handy several times. I don’t know if I will need it but I plan on carrying it since it fits in one of the compartments and I know I will not have to break camp just to go dump.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:07 PM   #20

We've considered getting one but we've got no place to keep it. No ladder and the bays are full for the most part. There is a spot between the frame rails behind the gas tank that I could wedge one into and rig up some way to secure it.

But we can go two weeks on our tanks if we conserve and we've gotten pretty good at it. We can take short showers everyday and stay 5-7 days. And we're usually ready to leave a boondocking spot after week to 10 days anyway. It it's a campground, we just use there showers. Endless hot water and residential water pressure and volume is nice.

Tags
tank