Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #1

Best Vacuum Cleaner

Good Morning All.

We need a vacuum cleaner. We have a golden retriever and are in a 32 foot class A. There isn't much storage room left. I anticipate vacuuming at least every other day and I don't want to do it on my hands and knees or hunched over.

I honestly can't decide between corded or cordless. I'm considering both. Do you love your vacuum - do you hate it? Recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #2

we use a bissell cordless stick vac. find one w/good reviews, you will spend 15 min ea time pulling dog hair out of the vacuums roller, so make sure the roller (or beater bar) is easy to remove/clean. one w/a lipo battery will give you longer run times. the little amount of carpet in our mh looks good for about half a day, then the reality of having a long-haired dog sets in. ahhh, the joys.....
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Love our cordless Dyson.
mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #4

Shark

My wife purchased and uses a Shark Rocket Ultra Lite upright for our Class A. It's lightweight, and does a great job on bare floors, carpets, and throw rugs.
They have a model for use with pets called the Shark Rocket True Pet Ultra Lite upright.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:11 PM   #5

Just purchased a Riccar Roam cordless vac that was recommended to us. 40 volt battery which really creates great suction. It has a hose wand that you can use with tools. Can be taken apart to fit in a small space. $300.00 We have been very impressed. Picks up dog hair good.
Riccar.com.
vanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #6

I think all the above suggestions are excellent and only personal choice would steer you at this point.

So just as an after thought, have you thought about the addition of a central vac system in your coach?

It can be a DYI project if you find you have room for it. Food for thought, maybe....

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have the dirt devil built in, hardly ever use it.
we have a shark and its pretty much the go to suckasaurus dealing with the dog hair
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:58 AM   #8
tcg

I use vacuums for a living.

Look into the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser line of vacuums.

We also own 2 of the cordless Bissell Pet Hair eraser hand vacs for our home and RV.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #9
YC1

We have two cockers and full time. The built in vacuum was given away many years ago. It did not have a power head and you could not use it to clean the car.

After replacing our carpet in the bedroom this little monster filled to capacity with the little pieces left from cutting and trimming. It still had great suction but I had to almost pick the carpet pieces out of it when dumping.

It breaks down into small components so is very easy to store. The plastic it is made of is probably crash helmet material. Very tough and light.

It is not cheap. No batteries to fail or charge and easy to move about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dyson.png
Views:	483
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	182238  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
We just bought a Dyson V8 cordless for the Coach and brought our older Dyson home. It was $320 at BBY on sale + a 20% coupon. It kicks butt. Have 3 cats and it keeps up with normal cleaning plus their shedding. Haven’t tried any of the other suggestions listed here but the V8 is awesome; light and powerful. - Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:08 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan4 View Post
My wife purchased and uses a Shark Rocket Ultra Lite upright for our Class A. It's lightweight, and does a great job on bare floors, carpets, and throw rugs.
They have a model for use with pets called the Shark Rocket True Pet Ultra Lite upright.
X2
We love our Shark Rocket. Bought it at Same Club. We have 2 Cockers and am amazed at the pet hair it sucks up.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #12

I have the Hoover Cruise. It works ok and I don't think you can beat it for the price of $98 at Home Depot. My biggest complaints are the angle of the handle to your wrist and the ease (or lack of eas to move in a straight line) of the motorized head turns. It is a little uncomfortable and frustrating. Takes a while to get used to.
I am used to Dyson and I do wish I bought a V6 or V8. But it's not fair to compare a ~100 vacuum to a 300 or 400 vacuum.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post
I think all the above suggestions are excellent and only personal choice would steer you at this point.

So just as an after thought, have you thought about the addition of a central vac system in your coach?

It can be a DYI project if you find you have room for it. Food for thought, maybe....

DTW
Thanks for the suggestion. We're just beginning our full time adventure and I need to get a vacuum asap. A built in may come later.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #14

Ditto on the Dyson cordless. Our new motorhome has central vac that I have never once used, the cordless is just too easy and works so well.
ChiefC is offline   Reply With Quote