Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
I am defitnetly gonna look at class A, along with towing capacity. What is the availibility of a used one with washer and dryer? Hey heres a question how much does it cost Approx to fill up a average capacity class A, and how many miles can you go on that. Another question is what does it cost on average to park it in a nice location. and what do they usaually include? and Is there maps and such for these locations and there ratings? I guess I am gonna be buging all you guys to the piont that I know a Lil somthing before we buy. Thanks to all of you. Bob
Hi Bob,
First off like I said, check out Class A RVs before you buy, don't always let the sales person tell you what is best, check it out as you visit other RV places. I prefer a fifth wheel over a motor home, you can't always take a motor home everywhere, all you have to do is drop your RV and take your truck; which leads to another good thing, make sure you have a good truck to haul your RV. We love our Dodge one ton dully, but it's a big work horse. You can find places to park as low as $16.00 a night with pass port America to high end Iknow we found one place along the coast that was $3,000.00 a month, to high four our budget. If I'm going to spend that much I'll get a nice motel. lol.
Cartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #30

That would be a nice hotel at 3,000 per month, you got that right, Thanks
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I am defitnetly gonna look at class A, along with towing capacity. What is the availibility of a used one with washer and dryer? Hey heres a question how much does it cost Approx to fill up a average capacity class A, and how many miles can you go on that. Another question is what does it cost on average to park it in a nice location. and what do they usaually include? and Is there maps and such for these locations and there ratings? I guess I am gonna be buging all you guys to the piont that I know a Lil somthing before we buy. Thanks to all of you. Bob
Regarding a washer dryer. They usually will handle only fairly small loads. Some people are okay with doing a wash every day or so but we aren't and would much rather have the storage space.

Most gas class A hold 75 to 80 gallons.

Average RV park prices range from $160 to $600 per month. There are some that are much higher. Amenities range from not much (that is the kind we like) to swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs, clubhouses,and activity managers.
Our average cost per including electricity is less than $10 per night.

There are a couple of RV park guides that are used a lot. Trailer life and Woodalls are probably the most common ones. They have ratings, phone numbers, prices, and locations.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #32

That is some great info, man I am learning a bit more, little by little. Sounds nice, maybe I will be on the road some day.
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We met some Canadians living 6 months at a time in a class B.

Ken
Ken

I thought you Yanks all knew us Canajens live in snow Igloos. Only one room and no windows.

Dennis
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just bought a 2000 holiday rambler endeavor with 37000 miles. Really well cared for. $48,100 plus tax from a dealer in Tucon
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Wow I did not know where to post this. But the BIG question is can two small adults live in a class C RV. Me and my better half are retired now and live in oceanside,ca in a 2 bed room apt. Got rid of house a few years back, kids are all grown up and moved on into there own life. I currently do not own a RV. We were seriously considering getting a class C to hit the road and travel but at the same time make it a perminate home. The BIG Question is that crazy? or is it done by others as a home? Is it to small? Is it to much maintinance? How costly is it? Does it get old? Your input please before we buy. Are class C for get aways only? The only one vehicle we have right now is a small jeep wrangler. Look forward to any response. Thanks Bob
Yes, you can. I do. Here she is:

My neon lime green 1975 22' Dodge Sportsman F40 Class C! It's me, 11 cats, and a bird fulltiming in a 22' Class C, which we upgraded to after fulltiming for 6 years in a Volvo 240 (yes, a 4 door sedan car), which we upgraded to after 3 years fulltiming in a 8x6 tent.

Here, I'll show you a picture of where I live. I fulltime in this:

(that's me in the middle)

You can live fulltime in anything you want. I guess what you choose to fulltime in, depends on how big a house you lived in before you started fulltiming. I grew up in a 16'x9' beach cabin, where I lived for 27 years, with 7 people (parents + siblings), 8 dogs, 9 cats, and 3 birds (yes all inside the house) and no, this is not unusual in Old Orchard Beach, Maine where there reside 12,000 people, most in houses half the size of the one we had. Good God, you could fit at least 3 of that house inside of the MH you are talking about!

Me, personally, I couldn't imagine trying to live in something that big, I think I have to opposite of clastrophobia, whatever that is called, because I freak out whenever I'm in big rooms or big houses. I'm not used to it, but than again, maybe it's my Autism? I have Autism and I don't often understand a lot of things people do and say and I also like small closed in spaces that feel "safe" and "protected". I don't feel safe or protected in large buildings/rooms.

When I was still looking at MHs I looked in several big Class As and they just freaked me out, how giagantically huge they were...one room in one of those things is bigger than the house I grew up in. I guess the only way I can describe it is "culture shock". I could just never imagine seeing myself living in something that big. But that's what I mean when I say it's a matter of perspective, because what is right for me, is not right for anyone but me, and what is right for you is not right for anyone but you, so only you can decide what is too big or too small or just right for you. All we can do is tell you what we think and what we have done and what we like or don't like, but in the end you have to decide for yourself what'll make you happy.

Quote:
Is that 1,500 a month with RV payments or with RV paid for? Thanks
My income is aproxamatly $2,400 PER YEAR or $200 PER MONTH. RV and car are both paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Can you get into both sides of the bed?
Bed? What bed? I have no bed. Didn't have a bed in the car (6 years), nor in the tent (3 years), and hey, guess what, never had a bed in the 27 years I lived in a house either. I have always, my entire life, slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. Still do. Who needs a bed? It's nothing but a waste of space.

Quote:
Is anyone ever really gonna climb up into the cabover?
Yes - 11 someones climb up there every day, the cats love it, no, make that 13, I forgot to include myself and the pigeon. I like to read up there.

Quote:
Can you spend 60 to 120k on your new "house"?
???

I paid $2,000 for mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
1. Washer and dryer - going to a laundromat is a pain, and they are often not in good areas of towns.
If you have a tub and a tree near by, you don't need a washer, dryer, or laundromat. Tie a rope from the rv to the tree, wash your stuff in the tub, while you shower/bath and hang it out to dry.

Quote:
2. More storage space
Are you sure you REALLY NEED the things you take with you?

Quote:
3. Bath and a half - yes I am spoiled but if you get hold of some bad chow, one bathroom is a bad situation.
I have a full bath (it's nearly twice as big as the one we had in the house) in my 22' Class C (granted a rare thing in a Class C and it does mean much less "living" room) AND I have a bath tub, not a tiny square type common to the rare MH that has a tub, but a full 3/4 sized one. We only had a shower in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Shower is so small its hard to turn around in, etc....
see what I just said above. my Class C has a big tub, big enough to lay down in, in it.
EelKat is offline   Reply With Quote