Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
Most of our wine is in the $25-$30 bottle range. This is one of our extravagances - we love visiting wineries and finding very good wines.
Where do you keep it? We have a 12 bottle wine fridge for the RV, that we used for a few years. It is is a little PITA, because there's not really a place for it. We have to move it around when we put the slides in/out. We just pull a few bottles from inventory when we head out. Don't want to let nice wine get too warm/cold. We have some very nice plastic wine glasses, but they are not ideal. Then again, when we are camping we may have to accept less than ideal.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Where do you keep it? We have a 12 bottle wine fridge for the RV, that we used for a few years. It is is a little PITA, because there's not really a place for it. We have to move it around when we put the slides in/out. We just pull a few bottles from inventory when we head out. Don't want to let nice wine get too warm/cold. We have some very nice plastic wine glasses, but they are not ideal. Then again, when we are camping we may have to accept less than ideal.
We don't camp, we RV. We have an overhead cabinet (lined) that we have a holder for 12 bottles. When in shopping mode (the month before we head to Arizona for the winter) we will also put excess bottles into bins underneath the couch, so they are always in the coach which is at a reasonable temperature all of the time. When we leave Sonoma Valley we often have 3 cases on board and our friends kid us about listing to one side.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Wow! 3 cases in your RV. Long term wine storage in an RV does present a challenge. Not sure how I intend to handle my "wine problem" if we ever sell the S&B. Probably have to rent space at one of those storage places for wine. BTW, the racks are two deep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1026.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	132000  
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #32

While we use a mix of glass and plastic our main usage is the 16 oz tumbler: Insulated Tumblers, Stainless Steel Cups | Klean Kanteen Always have one filled and handy with something wet when at home or on the road just to keep hydrated. I have to say that wine is better in glass. Can't say we have convinces ourselves that $30 wine in a Reidel is that much better than $10 wine in something else. ;-))
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
I'm going full time and getting rid of stuff and sorting out what I will keep to use on the road.
What do you use for drinking 'glasses'? I have wine glasses, water glasses, etc I'd like to have a few of but I was thinking they would break in the travel trailer.

What do you use or do with glass glasses?
We have a small collection of wine glasses. I put them into a cut down cardboard wine box with a little bubble wrap inside the pockets. I did the same for the coffee cups and glasses.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #34

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
Wow! 3 cases in your RV. Long term wine storage in an RV does present a challenge. Not sure how I intend to handle my "wine problem" if we ever sell the S&B. Probably have to rent space at one of those storage places for wine. BTW, the racks are two deep.

What a wonderful problem to have...
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #35

We always kept wine in our basement bays. It stays a lot cooler down there rather than on top in the MH - unless you have the AC on all the time...and we didn't.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
glasses storage

I agree, never put your wine or good beverage in a plastic glass! I made a grid system from clear acrylic sheet and keeps them from juggling and breaking. fits nicely on cabinet shelf and holds 16 glasses. they remove easily for use and returning for travel.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #37

Paper plates, paper bowls, plastic cups. We do haven 4 coffee cups and 8 wine glasses, four of which are glass.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:39 AM   #38

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
I agree, never put your wine or good beverage in a plastic glass! I made a grid system from clear acrylic sheet and keeps them from juggling and breaking. fits nicely on cabinet shelf and holds 16 glasses. they remove easily for use and returning for travel.
Picture please... Sounds like a good idea that will last forever.
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:12 AM   #39

I can't speak to the glass for wine, but I do prefer my Garrison Brothers bourbon in a glass. Have substituted red solo cups in a pinch. Its all good. You will find room and proper storage for you real preferences. Don't have to give up the "civilized" life to be a full timer.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie79 View Post
I can't speak to the glass for wine, but I do prefer my Garrison Brothers bourbon in a glass. Have substituted red solo cups in a pinch. Its all good. You will find room and proper storage for you real preferences. Don't have to give up the "civilized" life to be a full timer.
Now where's that LIKE button!
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #41

We only kept 4 glass glasses. 2 for beer and wine each. Use Turvis plastic for everything else. Beer glasses kept in freezer with no issue. Wine glasses kept with other glasses nothing special done. No breaks so far.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #42

We found some foldable storage containers with compartments that my wife's favorite tumblers fit into nicely.They are soft-sided and will protect glassware of any kind.
Something like this.

Keep rollin' along!
2009 Cardinal 31SB; 2014 Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab with Curt 16K Rolling Hitch
jaybe is offline   Reply With Quote