Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #15

It will take sime getting use to. No reason it can't be done. Don't let the negative comments get to you. If it helps your family financially, and the rewards out way the risks then go for it and have fun
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 04:27 AM   #16

I saw a channel on youtube of a family of 9 full timing. Try searching for it. Was very good. If I find it, I'll be back with the details.

Here it is:

markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #17

Best of luck to ya. That life is NOT for me. I don't know if any RV that was made to handle the daily life of that many people. My guess (if this post is really serious) is you will not be saving money. You WILL be spending a lot of time fixing things regularly.
Start a youtube channel. I am sure many of us would like to see the chaos.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #18

One quick thought. How do you plan to stay warm in cold weather? Gets pretty cold in the higher mountains where you are. I have also had a pop up collapse during some of the heavy snows we can get in the mountains.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Best of luck to ya. That life is NOT for me. I don't know if any RV that was made to handle the daily life of that many people. My guess (if this post is really serious) is you will not be saving money. You WILL be spending a lot of time fixing things regularly.
Good luck with everything. I agree about the YouTube channel.
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #20

I suppose it is all a matter of planning and creativity -the same skills that you as a mother already have.

As time goes on, the pop up can always be upgraded to something larger with a bathroom.

An outdoor gas grill, perhaps on some pea gravel can extend the kitchen size.

Since you are near Miami, cold weather isn't really an issue.

Potentially humidity levels, especially in the enclosed trailer could pose the biggest challenge, but that can be dealt with either with an air conditioner or dehumidifier that drains outdoors.

The next two years are supposed to be a bit more stormy than the past few, so perhaps being highly mobile is a really good idea.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by znt1186 View Post
One quick thought. How do you plan to stay warm in cold weather? Gets pretty cold in the higher mountains where you are. I have also had a pop up collapse during some of the heavy snows we can get in the mountains.

I'm in south Florida
Nique112515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Respectfully and in all seriousness...I have read all posts up to this point and it just seems to me that there are million concerns here. The limited info you've shared just does not add up to a successful and happy outcome.

I would seriously take the advice of some seasoned full timers on a face to face basis before embarking on this trek...you have many lives to consider that are in very different stages of life...including YOURS!

My kids are very excited. I don't know what else I could tell you that I left out. We have a 35 ft rv and a pop up. The pop up is used just for the older ones to sleep bc they have made it theirs. We have a grill plus our kitchen in both. We are on a private rv lot that has electric water and septic. Our space is fenced in. We have all our stuff that we don't use everyday in our enclosed trailer. Our kids g back to school this week so most of their day will be spent in school and after school activities that usually lead us up till 8 pm. We have plenty of yard space for their bikes and things. So we are hoping it will be a fun adventure. Not saying it will be easy but it won't be as bad as your making it. Our spot is also in plenty of shade
Old 08-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post

Fixing things up? Well I have a family of mechanics and we won't be moving that many times! Everything else is already fixed and ready to go
Old 08-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nique112515 View Post
I'm in south Florida
Sorry, got the wrong location from another poster's location. Thought you were in Shooting Creek, NC. It is cold up there. Best of luck with the new adventure.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
You have to be kidding right
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #26

Sounds like a adventure, for sure. Should be fun... at least for awhile.

Seven kids... God bless you! My oldest son & daughter-in-law have five... I thought that was a heard.

I have been RV'ing all of my life. Back when my two boys were young, we had a 31' fifth-wheel. If my wife & I took a trip alone, the 31' was nice... plenty of room.
When our two boys went with us (which was most of the time), the 31' started getting a little cramped after a few days.

We now have a 43' MH. As mentioned, we have five grandchildren ages 4 - 13... all great kids and very well behaved. We have had as many as three (three oldest & all girls) with us at one time... not sure I would try all five at one time.

One thing that has not been mentioned here, is that this doesn't have to be a permanent arrangement. If it's do'able, great. If not, it was an adventure and you go back to a fixed house.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Who can afford 7 kids you must have high paying jobs
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this and have kids that want to give it a go. Good luck to you. As others have said, Keep a Blog or something if you're into that (and have time while kids are at school). You'll want to help your AC out as much as possible being in southern Florida but there's lots of info on that in many places.

You can do it!
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time