Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
The address on my FL DL is in another state which is were we receive our mail. When getting DL renewal, I told her I received mail at this other address as we're FT RVer's...No problem she puts it on there.

Only problem ever noticed was when renting a pressure washer at True Value in FL. The check out kid trying to decide if he needs to put a deposit on credit card which is not required if FL resident.
He yells to mgr "He's got a XX address on his DL" Lol. Own property in FL so have tax bill, light and water bill and voter registration not a problem.

Could you still get out of state address today...don't know.
In years gone by FL DMV was not concerned on your actual state of residents when issuing tags and DL, as they just liked the additional revenue, no state income tax remember.

I know dozens of snow birds that have the winter stay RV park site # as their FL DL address. And tax collector agents know it too !

That all changed when the Feds came up with the REAL ID requirement for fall 2020.

The real problem is when your "real" home state LEO/tax assessor and neighbors spy your Hi $$ RV with out of state tags parked on your property.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlo11111 View Post
My licence plate is not the address on my driver's license. The address on my license is the address of the Good Sam mail forwarding location plus a unit number.
But you're not an SBI customer. They are the ones who may have issues with what is used as their address on their driver's license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Humans3Dogs View Post
We have decided to just go in and do the tag/title/DL/voting stuff all at once and not mail anything in ahead of time. Too complicated. The Green Cove Springs location is by appointment only when transferring an out of state license over, so I've already set that up and we can do the rest while there (hopefully not too terribly long).
Can you please report back with your experience? There were issues with voter registration for a while. I think that's resolved but a recent personal experience would be helpful. And I'm curious about what address they will use for your driver's license--if they're continuing to use the RV plate number.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #17

Florida Tag/Title Question

I am an SBI address user and I just went there on 17 Oct. It will make it go faster if you at least complete the forms before you show up. MD is a title state so I had the titles. I even had it for the one that’s not paid off. FL sent that one to the lien holder until it’s paid off. The people at the tax collection office, SBI, and voter registration office are all very helpful.
tbos1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
But you're not an SBI customer. They are the ones who may have issues with what is used as their address on their driver's license.

Can you please report back with your experience? There were issues with voter registration for a while. I think that's resolved but a recent personal experience would be helpful. And I'm curious about what address they will use for your driver's license--if they're continuing to use the RV plate number.
I'm well aware I'm not a SBI customer. Thanks for letting me know. The state halted allowing the use of SBI as a legal address earlier this year for some reason. Not my mail forwarder so I didn't look into the details. Whatever it was, it has since been resolved. Perhaps it involved using licence plate numbers as your address.

To the OP, insurance rates across the 60+ counties in FL vary widely. Obviously, the county that Miami is in has probably the highest rates. SBI is in a middle rate county. If you're not dead set on SBI, there are many other mail forwarders in the state that are in counties with lower insurance rates. We originally looked into SBI and then Escapees, but finally chose Good Sam, because it's rates were competitive and it's located in Okaloosa county, which has some of the lowest insurance rates in the state.

Regarding voting, the tax collectors office assigned us the district that our Good Sam address is in at the time we got our reg/license/plates done. A few months later, we got a letter from the FL voter registration office saying our Good Sam address was not valid for voting. They simply assigned us another address that's valid for voting and sent us voter registration cards with that address on it. AGAIN, not SBI, but I assume this would apply to any mail forwarder.

Also to the OP, bring your title and any lien docs and if you bought your RV in the last 6 months, the sales docs.
Jlo11111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida