Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #1

Well we finally did it ... He put money down on a Mobile Suites 36RS3 and on a 2003 Volvo 630 and then put the house up for sale. Can you believe... it sold in 6 days. What is the problem with this real-estate market??? We are so excited, even though we need to be out of the house 4 weeks before the MS is finished. But we have plenty to do. Jan is selling everything on craigslist.com, and a Yard sale next weekend.
Kent & Jan

2007 36 RS3 Mobile Suite
KentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #2

Well we finally did it ... He put money down on a Mobile Suites 36RS3 and on a 2003 Volvo 630 and then put the house up for sale. Can you believe... it sold in 6 days. What is the problem with this real-estate market??? We are so excited, even though we need to be out of the house 4 weeks before the MS is finished. But we have plenty to do. Jan is selling everything on craigslist.com, and a Yard sale next weekend.
Kent & Jan

2007 36 RS3 Mobile Suite
KentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #3

WOW,what a quick sale. Hope everything else goes as well. Enjoy the lifestyle,nothing like it.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
paz

Welcome to irv2.com and congrats on the purchase of your 5er. And you certainly aren't messing around with that tow vehicle.

When we sold our house almost a year ago, it sold on the first day of showing to the first people who looked at it. Makes me think we didn't ask enough for it, but we would have rather had the quick sale instead of having things drag on for weeks and months in hope of getting a few dollars more.

Get ready to hang on. You will be incredibly busy for the next few weeks, but it will be worth it.

Best wishes. Keep us posted on how things progress.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #5

Congratulations!

Hope to be joining you this year myself!
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Congratulations on your decision.
We have had our house on the market for 2 1/2 mos now and we think that maybe we have sold it.
am retiring in August and we are going full time the day after I retire. DW retired in 2001. I think that we waited too long before putting house on market.
Our Kids all live on the west coast (We live in TX go figure) so we will be spending a lot of time out there.
Good luck and maybe we will see you on the road.
rad1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Well guess we are the only ones that sold a house quickly. We listed ours on Friday and had a contract on Saturday - asking price and all. Getting ready to order a Monaco Diplomat 40 SKQ from DeMartini in about a week. Luckily we have our current RV to move into since we have to close on the house the 6th of July. Moving to Solomons Navy Rec Center for the time being and probably hitting the road in the Spring. I don't think the market is that bad - people are asking too much (living in the past) - two houses on my block have been on the market 4 and 9 months - oh well - we are soon to be out of here. See ya on the road.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
I meant to say "we aren't the only ones" come on fingers hit those keys.
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome to the ranks of fellow fulltimers. Also on a countdown to travel. Good luck and happy travels!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #10

Well,my plan is to get my 1981 Winniebago's ceiling back in shape and have all the appliances back in working order to move to Alt for the winter working the fleamarkets down there full time and working at Lowes part time.In spring we'll move to Ohio running a between three markets there leaving the RV at one central location and living in it.Of course still working at Lowes part time.I also have a Astro and small vendor trailer to travel to "one day" markets to return to the RV after the one day is done.The RV will be parked at a mutli day market which is as I said centrally locatated with a 12' dual wheel trailer and more stock for sale than I travel with the in vendor trailer.A larger set up for that spot.Going to be 60 yrs old and been vending for about 17 yrs.Time to enjoy the rest of my time doing what I love.This fall-full timing,here I come.Hehe-guess I'll need a gold gas card-huh.