Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #1

Full time rv insurance

Does any one know what an avg. Insurance premium(florida) might be for 2017 renegade verona le(full-time). I know there are variables, but i'm trying to get a sense of what to expect when i get my feet wet in the near future... Thanks in advance!!
KENNYV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #2

Can't give you rates as that is subject to your coverage but, I'd call Good Sam insurance (National General) and get a quote. (877) 497-0376
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #3

That's always good advice. I guess i was hoping some folks would tell me what they're paying...
Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNYV View Post
That's always good advice. I guess i was hoping some folks would tell me what they're paying...
Doesn't matter what they are paying.......they are not you .

Insurance rates are based on 'location of address', your age, your credit rating, your driving record, your vehicle type/cost/model/year, limits, medical, along with other drivers PLUS any add-ons (personal property, custom equipment, replacement cost/agreed value, towing/roadside assistance, emergency ---hotel/motel)

So what I or anyone else pays is NOT comparable

Best to NUMEROUS quotes, several companies using SAME coverage.

National Interstate is ONE a would highly recommend. We used then for the 7 yrs we FTd. Excellent coverage, rates, service and Claim response.
Had 1 minor and 1 MAJOR claim------both handled efficiently, no hassles and no rate increase!!

National Interstate.....via broker/agent

Heard good things about:
Blue Sky
Foremost

Then there are the standards
Geico
Progressive

Just make sure they offer a real FT Coverage Policy;;;;same as S&B home PLUS auto

With that said:
We paid $850/yr on the 5th wheel and $700/yr on truck
FULL Coverages, low deductibles, high limits, replacement, custom equipment, personal property, medical etc etc etc
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #5

Gotcha... I will be getting quotes from anyone and everyone. Your premium doesn't sound bank breaking. Thanks old biscuit. Appreciate your input...
Old 05-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
...With that said:
We paid $850/yr on the 5th wheel and $700/yr on truck
FULL Coverages, low deductibles, high limits, replacement, custom equipment, personal property, medical etc etc etc
I am guessing Old-Biscuit does not have a FL policy. Insurance in FL is quite expensive.
I have excellent credit, full coverage (no medical) with $500 ded and am not FT yet. My MH policy is over $1,000 and my auto policy is $1,080 per year (FL does 6 month policies and goes up about 4% every 6 months which I shop ALL options and always switch to the lowest option. I am with GEICO for Auto and Nationwide for the RV.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Insurance rates are a major reason I chose a small town SD domicile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #8

So I have a 2017 Verona 36'. Also good credit and driving record.
I was paying about $600 a yr. on a 2006 gulfstream.
I got a quote that was a about $1700 a yr. from some place recommended by the dealership in Denver.

I stayed with Hartford for $1800 yr. based on $200,000 value.

Az. is probably close to Fl. But I don't know... and I'm not full time.

Hope this helps.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #9

Thanks deputybubba. No such thing as too much info here...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
So how does the insurer know if you're full time? What difference does it make? We are just starting to go full time but we have FL residency. So if we need to use insurance in another state, for example, why not just say we're out on the road for a couple months. It wouldn't necessarily be untrue. I'm sure we'll travel back through Florida, and visit family. In fact, family (our parents) is our domicile and our "mail service" for us. We vote there and may come back. In other words, if you're not a full timer and you need insurance out of state, why would they care? I'm not being sarcastic and would really like to know.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #11

I would think your mileage (driven) might give it away. If you try to conceal ft, any claim might not be honored !?
Old 05-11-2017, 08:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
So how does the insurer know if you're full time? What difference does it make? We are just starting to go full time but we have FL residency. So if we need to use insurance in another state, for example, why not just say we're out on the road for a couple months. It wouldn't necessarily be untrue. I'm sure we'll travel back through Florida, and visit family. In fact, family (our parents) is our domicile and our "mail service" for us. We vote there and may come back. In other words, if you're not a full timer and you need insurance out of state, why would they care? I'm not being sarcastic and would really like to know.
FT insurance covers liability for you and your coach/car where you are as would a S&B home (or renters) policy. If someone gets hurt while in/around your coach and you'll soon find out what the difference is.
Not being sarcastic either. We are a country of laws. Call your insurance agent and ask what the big deal is if you don't tell them the truth.
Lying to an insurance company could be construed as fraud. Ask the insurance commissioner how they look at insurance fraud in your state.
Ignorance of the law is no defense or excuse.
Is it really worth ANY of the above risks?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #13

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
The way I understand the difference is that FT insurance resembles a homeowners policy -- it covers the vehicle AND contents and some personal liability. Non FT insurance only covers the vehicle -- like most auto insurance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The way I understand the difference is that FT insurance resembles a homeowners policy -- it covers the vehicle AND contents and some personal liability. Non FT insurance only covers the vehicle -- like most auto insurance.
Exactly.....

Course if all posts/responses where read prior to posting LOTS of questions are already addressed.

As in my post I explained FTrs Insurance.

AND NO..FL was NOT our 'domicile'
SD was.
FL was expensive and TX was worst

And as FTrs we could PICK ANY State we wanted.
AT the Time SD was easiest and cheapest ALL around.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time, insurance