Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #1

Full Timer Budgeting Forms...

I apologize in advance for this thread as I know this must be a repeat a number of times in the past.

My wife and I will be Full Timing in the not-to-distant future and I'm in dire need of some good Full Timer "Budgeting Forms" where I can break out our various costs, list incomes, and hopefully have some BLACK ink left at the end of the Month/Year.

Could someone please point me in the right direction so that we can actually get some numbers down on a sheet OR in a program in order to find out where we may end up. I am comfortable with either a paper and/or a computer based approach.

Thanx So Much and "MERRY CHRISTMAS"!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #2

Perhaps this could be moved in the full-timing section.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
I apologize in advance for this thread as I know this must be a repeat a number of times in the past.

My wife and I will be Full Timing in the not-to-distant future and I'm in dire need of some good Full Timer "Budgeting Forms" where I can break out our various costs, list incomes, and hopefully have some BLACK ink left at the end of the Month/Year.

Could someone please point me in the right direction so that we can actually get some numbers down on a sheet OR in a program in order to find out where we may end up. I am comfortable with either a paper and/or a computer based approach.

Thanx So Much and "MERRY CHRISTMAS"!!!
You have those forms. Use the ones for your current situation.
Subtract lines that do not apply for full timing.
Add lines that do apply to full timing.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f92/1-yea...-a-367607.html
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is some good financial info from some current fulltimers. There is also some sample budgets included.

Financial Information
Old 12-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #5

Wundertaker, have you read this FT site?

check this link https://wheelingit.us/2017/02/16/the...ecifics-links/

Good FT info
FirstRodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:41 AM   #6

Wundertaker-

Here's a link to a Google search of iRV2 posts on this forum that contain the terms "full timers" and "budget."

Take note of the format of the query string, as it can be used for all kinds of useful searches:

"full timers" "budget" f92 site:irv2.com

The "f92" is the Full-Timers forum number.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Wundertaker-

Here's a link to a Google search of iRV2 posts on this forum that contain the terms "full timers" and "budget."

Take note of the format of the query string, as it can be used for all kinds of useful searches:

"full timers" "budget" f92 site:irv2.com

The "f92" is the Full-Timers forum number.
Thank you

Old 12-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #8

I use budgetsimple.com to set our monthly budget and then post expenses as they are incurred throughout the month to keep track. It's free and as the name implies, it's simple. We aren't fulltimers, so if you're looking for $ amounts to help you determine some normal or average fulltime costs, can't help you there.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
I use budgetsimple.com to set our monthly budget and then post expenses as they are incurred throughout the month to keep track. It's free and as the name implies, it's simple. We aren't fulltimers, so if you're looking for $ amounts to help you determine some normal or average fulltime costs, can't help you there.
Thank you...it's interesting to see and hear what everyone is using...please keep them coming!

Old 12-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #10

We've got a video with some general information and our numbers, though they are preliminary and not born of actual experience. There are a few links to more examples in the description too.

https://youtu.be/I2agiaNS4Ys
Old 12-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We have been fulltiming since June and post our monthly expenses each month on YouTube. We are Thousand Trails members so that substantially lowers our campsite fees, the video explains it pretty well and should be fairly relevant to your original post. Hopefully you find some information that is helpful. Here is our last spreadsheet for actual expenses in November as well as projections for the next 6 months.

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRPA View Post
We have been fulltiming since June and post our monthly expenses each month on YouTube. We are Thousand Trails members so that substantially lowers our campsite fees, the video explains it pretty well and should be fairly relevant to your original post. Hopefully you find some information that is helpful. Here is our last spreadsheet for actual expenses in November as well as projections for the next 6 months.
I went to youtube and full screen on my laptop and find it difficult to read it. Do you have a website with the info?
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Most of our information is also on our blog
www.jrpacadel.com

but if it is blurry it is most likely due to slow internet connection and should clear up after it buffers a bit, it is all uploaded in hi definition video and I have the same issue occasionally when our Verizon signal is weak.

Hopefully you will be able to view it clearly as it covers all of our expenses fulltiming and probably will give you some starting point to start with. As a side note as others mentioned we use Quicken and never pay anything in cash sending everything through our credit cards and bank just be sure to set up categories and categorize every expense as it comes through into the quicken program and it makes it so easy to track all your expenses.

Good Luck, dont hesitate to leave a comment on the YouTube page if you have any specific questions or comments.

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #14

Forgot about you, Bob. You're link is down in our comments.

I think that the OP will find there as many ways and methods to budget as their are full timers. We budget the essential stuff, RV payment, insurance, fuel, food, etc. but we don't bother with the rest of the items like entertainment, eating out and such. We know how much we have left after paying the bills and adjust accordingly throughout the month. It's somewhat intuitive at this point. However, we are adding and maintenance/repair fund of $200 a month and a fun fund of $200 a month. The first, as you probably guessed, is for major maintenance and repairs. The fun fund is for splurging. Might be theme park admission, expensive resorts, adventure tours, whatever. Just a fund that we can dip into without guilt or worry for bigger entertainment expenditures.

Tags
full time, full timer