Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusLwt001 View Post
We are one month in to FT. We ended up on a 30Amp electric and water only site for a month. No other options in the area. We had the "Honey Wagon" twice a week. It was very tough to do laundry in the coach. We would wash elsewhere and dry in the coach. The unit is weird. Every few minutes it stops and reverses directions. Takes a long time, but the DW loves the options.

The reversing action is so your clothes don’t roll up into a ball. We had a full size Samsung in our S&B and it was terrible for doing that.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #100

Quote:
We are one month in to FT. We ended up on a 30Amp electric and water only site for a month. No other options in the area. We had the "Honey Wagon" twice a week. It was very tough to do laundry in the coach. We would wash elsewhere and dry in the coach. The unit is weird. Every few minutes it stops and reverses directions. Takes a long time, but the DW loves the options.
Does the park have a dump station? If you get a waste tote you could then use the onboard washer and haul your waste water to the dump station whenever you need to. That’s what we do when we are somewhere without sewer hookups.
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #101

I have an older gasser southwind, and I love it, and was planning to install either a compact unit, or a stacked unit.

I have a full sized set of washer and dryer in my sticks and bricks.

Several years ago (read as decades ago) I switched from electric dryer to gas dryer in the residential units. As far as I am concerned, once you use a gas dryer, you will never go back to electric. (No static cling, faster drying)

I have not heard much about gas or propane fired clothes dryers. Does anyone here have data on such a dryer for the RV?
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert View Post
Does the park have a dump station? If you get a waste tote you could then use the onboard washer and haul your waste water to the dump station whenever you need to. That’s what we do when we are somewhere without sewer hookups.
I have a 20 gallon totem but did not bring on the trip.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:20 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
We have the same story , ours had a combo , wife didn’t like it , so we removed it .
We’re fulltimers . It would be handy every now & then , but not worth the space it took up in our case
Not to mention the weight saving!

Bazzer
Old 10-19-2018, 06:39 AM   #104

Carolina Campers
Quote:
The stop and reversal is pretty normal. I think we notice it more in a rig. It helps keep the clothes fluffed so they dry instead of turning into one big half dry ball.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #105

Quote:
I have a 20 gallon totem but did not bring on the trip.
I bet you will next time!!!
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #106

KZ RV Club
I prefer having the W/D and running it while watching TV during the evening. I got tired of dirty laundromats, broke down machines, rude people, disorderly kids, and not enough quarters. Besides doing the laundromat was about $20 a week the W/D was $1000. Do the math it pays for itself. We went with the combo vented. I kind equate the W/D with an auto leveling system, once you have it you won't be with out it. They will last years if taken care of and transferred from one coach to another.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #107

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
WE ordered our 5vr with washer/dryer hookups (water/drain/power/venting etc) but choose to have space turned into a linen closet

WE FTd for 7 yrs and never regretted NOT having the washer/dryer
Mondays were 'travel days'
Tues---Thurs was for adventuring, sight-seeing, road tripping around the area
Fri....CG visiting and watch locals/weekenders pulling in/setting up---sometimes better then a boat ramp
SATURDAYS.....Laundry/RV Maint etc
Sundays...Relaxing out under the awning in our recliners, some adult beverages and planning next destination/route

And that linen closet was real handy/worthwhile space

I vote for Fridays, lots of fun. If you get to WA state stop by the Ballard Locks after a long weekend. Boat ramps are just about as much fun.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #108

We used the closet in the hallway in our DRV 38RSB3 for storage, but just traded that area in for a washer/dryer! We haven't had a chance to use them yet as our DRV went straight back into the shop! It's always something, this something will be expensive! We also had a tank-less water heater put in. Hopefully this will be it for awhile.
Bogie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #109

We've been full-timers since March of 2018. We would not dream of trying to house a washer / dryer in our travel trailer. Just nope, not going there, don't want the complexity and breakdown frequency of having that kind of stuff onboard. We mostly use laundromats.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante440 View Post
We've been full-timers since March of 2018. We would not dream of trying to house a washer / dryer in our travel trailer. Just nope, not going there, don't want the complexity and breakdown frequency of having that kind of stuff onboard. We mostly use laundromats.

Let's revisit this post after 2 or so years of full timing.

Edit - They may still not have/want a W/D, but they will eventually experience/understand the benefits of having one.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post

We are at 1.5 years fulltiming . We don’t regret removing our combo .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post

Edit - They may still not have/want a W/D, but they will eventually experience/understand the benefits of having one.

Oh, we'd love the convenience of an onboard washer/dryer if we had the room, but we've learned that the more we reduce the complexity of the systems in our RV, the more reliable that RV becomes.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time, full timer