Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Full-Timers “Regrets”

Do you have any regrets, making the move from S&B to full-timing?

For us, this is a “one way” street. There will be no turning back. Our house is now on the market, & we are looking forward to becoming FT real soon.

No more property taxes.
Time to enjoy the simpler life.

Any regrets???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2018, 10:08 PM   #2

Absolutely none. It's an awesome lifestyle!
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not a single one.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #4

Hang on guys, I need to show this to my wife.....
Old 02-27-2018, 11:19 PM   #5

Only 1 regret. We wish we started full timing 5 years earlier.
dsattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:12 AM   #6

Well, we are in the Philippines right now & can't wait to get back to the RV... Gonna drive from TPA to California slowly & then camphost for the summer at 7,200' & hopefully have a campfire every night... Last year we did western states & Canada after the Philippines... For us it's wonderful, but, some folks regret trying it... Some folks love broccoli, a guy named Bush hates it; we're all different.... Don't know until you try... Rented out the property & called the kids to come & get what they wanted & rest is in storage... No desire to get to a permanent location yet & we live in the Sierras with no traffic lights in town... Happy as a pig in poop...
Stuff-Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #7

Well...wish I could be that positive..as we comtemplate going back to ft we go back and forth on the + and - Of this question. Things are of course not the same as they once were...much more crowds for sure and i'm not as spry as I once was...the house is very comfortable and when I see 3 weeks of rain and cold..i'm glad to be in a s/b. on the other hand there is the constantly changing scenery and the freedom of the life style..
We are both very conflicted and the longer we wait the worse this gets...we'll probably continue to part time going out for 6 months at a time..not the same but ...ugh , I just don't know.
sumjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:57 AM   #8

I don't think "Time to enjoy the simpler life" is entirely accurate. I think of it more as "different". I really like the option of relocating whenever I want to .... and for any reason.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #9

FT regrets

DW and started FT 15 months ago. We will fully enjoy it when she retires in 35 weeks. But whose counting. Since this is our first RV of any kind, it has been a learning experience. Looking forward to going wherever the wind takes us.
Something I have learned in life is the things you regret most are the things you did not do.
Good Luck and be safe.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:29 AM   #10

My recommendation is that you not sale the house until you have tried FT for sometime. I've come across a number of people who have tried FT and then decided it wasn't for them.
mst0neham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:36 AM   #11

My recommendation is that you not sale the house until you have tried FT for sometime.....

excellent advise.
sumjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:41 AM   #12

No regrets for us except as someone else mentioned, wished we had started a few years earlier. But over time things change for some just like they did when they tired of being in a S&B home they might tire of being in a RV fulltime and decide it's time for another change. And with luck if they do make a change back to a S&B fulltime or even part time they will have no regrets of doing that either. Life is full of changes, embrace them, go with the flow and enjoy the choices you make. If you make a bad one don't just stick with it, make another and move on.
We have been on the road just over 5 years and are just now thinking that within maybe 3 more we might switch to part time or just have a spot to call our own yet still live in an RV but have some sort of casita t spread out in. To soon to tell.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:48 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumjoe View Post
My recommendation is that you not sale the house until you have tried FT for sometime.....

excellent advise.
Just like cars/rvs/boats...plenty of other houses to buy out there. Seventeen years on the road and haven't looked for a house yet.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:53 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
I disagree with "don't sell the house". We look at life as a series of adventures and the plan is now to sell the house (hopefully a buyer soon) and "hit the road". For me and now my wife of the last 22 years it has always been about something new. I moved from the east coast to the Midwest for school, then on to Colorado for the mountains and skiing for work (met my best friend (wife) there living across the street from me. Then early retirement and we moved to the Caribbean (Dominican Republic) to live at the "beach" for the last 12 years and now a new adventure of FT motorhome living. AND if we don't like it we will have seen a lot of the country and have a better idea or where to buy (live) a new home for the next adventure.

You only get to go around once!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote