Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2018, 05:25 AM   #15

To the OP: Your plan sounds perfect.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have been waiting for someone to tell me I’m crazy. (I get that a lot, because ... well... maybe I am crazy) this far I have been disappointed. All I get is “I would if I could” and “if there is anything I can do to help...”

I do believe this is going to work! By this time next year i hope to be searching for good WiFi and free camping.
RayOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 05:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
The only downside is PA. is edging it's way to being a high tax and fee state.

It’s all relative, as long as it doesn’t present a significant financial burden we will stay Pennsylvanians, if we have to we will “move” to South Dakota.
RayOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Getting work done at Stoltfuz is good. They have 50 amp hookups so you can stay in your RV while work is not being performed.

2 things:
1) Inspect their work before you leave. Example. I have two factory installed Girard awnings on the passenger side of my coach. They replaced rear arm of the rear awning, but did not adjust it. I cannot open my rear awning if the front is out as they will hit. My fault for not extending awning before I took delivery to check it.
2) Their back lot is dirt. Your rig will get very dirty. They will wash if you request it. Unfortunately, I was last there a week before the Hershey show, they had no one available to wash my coach.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante440 View Post
Requirements to maintain residency vary state by state. For example, WA allowed us to continue our residency there after we sold our home and moved into our RV full time - until we establish a home in another state. We use a physical mailing address via Saint Brendan's Isle for everything, but we do use a friends' home address for our drivers' licenses. Despite state law making it easy to maintain residency in WA if we don't have a home elsewhere, the DOL insists on a WA residence address for our driver's license and the county board of elections insists on a physical WA residence address to allow us to keep voting. Inconsistent much? As a result, we use our friend's address for those two things, but nothing else. Everything else we get is sent to our mailing address at Saint Brendan's Isle. We're not "dodging" any taxes, as WA has no state income tax, so no worries there.
Actually the above is not necessarily correct. I retired from the Military in 2006, moved to Kentucky, changed my state of residency to KY, registered to vote in KY, got a KY Driver's License, notified WA that I was no longer a resident, and no matter what I do (multiple phone calls, registered letters, e-mails, etc, both to Olympia, and Snohomish County) in the last 12 years, I have been unable to get off their voter rolls! Just got another absentee ballot about 10 days ago . . . so, WA doesn't always require a physical address in state . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Actually the above is not necessarily correct. I retired from the Military in 2006, moved to Kentucky, changed my state of residency to KY, registered to vote in KY, got a KY Driver's License, notified WA that I was no longer a resident, and no matter what I do (multiple phone calls, registered letters, e-mails, etc, both to Olympia, and Snohomish County) in the last 12 years, I have been unable to get off their voter rolls! Just got another absentee ballot about 10 days ago . . . so, WA doesn't always require a physical address in state . . .

Yeah, um, your glitch doesn't make me wrong. It's interesting and clearly an anomaly, but the information I provided for WA is correct. BTW, WA has a website that makes it very easy to remove oneself from voter roles, etc. Maybe try that to fix your glitch?
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante440 View Post
Yeah, um, your glitch doesn't make me wrong. It's interesting and clearly an anomaly, but the information I provided for WA is correct. BTW, WA has a website that makes it very easy to remove oneself from voter roles, etc. Maybe try that to fix your glitch?
I tried the website a few years ago, didn't work, but thanks for the reminder, I'll try it again and see what happens!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #21

From a state tax standpoint you should know what you paid to last years PA state tax. If you chose TX, SD, or Fl than that state tax paid would have been $0.
That's how we decided to drop our son's Mich address and become TX residents.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #22

It's always ok until something bad happens. If you really want to know speak to a lawyer and accountant. Check those insurance policies. There is a reason why they ask who else lives in the household.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOfHope View Post
Rather than attempt to establish domicile in Texas or South Dakota we were planning on using the address of a family member. Is there a downside? Some potential liability they might be exposed to if we do this? I would only consider it if I can be certain that it would negatively impact them in any way.

Does anyone else do this?
I full time and use my parents address in PA. I currently spend the winter in FL and travel the rest except for a few months in PA for vehicle inspections, doctor visits, etc.

Mail:
I signed up with USPS Informed Delivery and can see every piece of mail I get there. I call them every few days and either tell them to trash certain pieces or save it and mail it to me when they get a few things I need. I converted virtually everything to online, so they don't send often. I pay them for the postage.
Vehicle/Rig Insurance:
I keep everything there in PA. I got a "renters policy" using my parent's mailing address to maintain an address for the cars and liability policies. As far as anyone knows, I travel a lot.

Other than getting my mail, it has no effect on them. I pay all my taxes in PA. If I get in a car wreck or whatever, I'm traveling so it's not rocket science. Think about it another way. You are driving to the local stop and rob and a fulltime RVer driving their toad hits you, who cares where they are from or where they live as long as their insurance is good. If I'm in my toad and hit a car I pay. I'm visiting Florida as far as my insurance co knows. Just my 2 cents. (or 3, it was a little long).