Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
It's amazing to me so many young people full timing it isn't the cheapest thing to do
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarata View Post
It's amazing to me so many young people full timing it isn't the cheapest thing to do

The cost to young or old is relatively the same, if all of them start on the basis of low/no debt.
Without the house, our spendable cash flow is much higher!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarata View Post
The Escapees RV Club has a separate group called the Xcapers. They are mostly young and some with families who are able to work as they travel. Technology nowadays allows them to do so. Some might have to fly to their home office occasionally but it's no different than someone working from home (a stick and brick one, that is). Their RV is their home.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The Southwest has lots of places to stay. There have been tons of open sites for our first 6 years of fulltiming!
Examples in AZ: Mesa, Tucson, Yuma, Benson, Verde Valley
Come on Verde Valley is awful. Couldn't wait to leave that place....
mrgrayaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #19

Full timers....those people who are destitute and running from something, like maybe the law or federales. AKA Escapees & Escapers.

NPs are always full of busloads of foriegners. Campgrounds on weekends are full of city folk that want to drink beer and party until 3 am or let their bambino kids run wild, or let their dogs poop near your site. Spotty cell service everywhere you go. RVs, in general, are pretty crappy and always have something going wrong on them.

Not sure why anyone would want to be a full timer. Gotta be a hermit or hobo.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Give yourself more options. Add solar to your roof so you can REALLY enjoy RV life. Then you won’t have to waste time making reservations or lie to folks about the fun you are having just so you can park 15 feet away from other RVs.

I've been fulltime for 7 years and spend 7-8 months each year boondocking. I've lived in this RV longer than anyplace else in my entire life. I consider myself an explorer, not a hobo.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #21

Full-timing worst decision ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrayaz View Post
Come on Verde Valley is awful. Couldn't wait to leave that place....

Really? What was awful?
The Verde Valley is quite large. Many good campgrounds. Many historical and scenic places. We love it!
Examples
https://www.visitarizona.com/uniquel...s/verde-valley
Old 05-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
I believe those were tongue-in-check remarks
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #23

Bought rig in Jan, got it home in April. Been doing a ton of work on it, had two trips already and (sorry can't lie) we are loving it. Two years of short trips then a year on the road I can't wait. I fact I'm in a serious depression now because the next trip is not until Jun 21st I can't wait. So we have decided when we hit the road it's new burner phones every month the kids will never find us!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjthedad View Post
Bought rig in Jan, got it home in April. Been doing a ton of work on it, had two trips already and (sorry can't lie) we are loving it. Two years of short trips then a year on the road I can't wait. I fact I'm in a serious depression now because the next trip is not until Jun 21st I can't wait. So we have decided when we hit the road it's new burner phones every month the kids will never find us!

Burner phones? Great idea.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #25

Well this is a pretty funny thread! We currently have our home listed, have had a ton of activity in 5 days time and we’re retiring on June 1. We will be putting everything but the wine into storage and taking off for parts unknown as of now! We will find another house when we’re ready and in the meantime the money from the (hopefully) sale can make a little interest! Yay!!! Can’t wait!
Stargazer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Full timing

We had an estate sale last Friday and Saturday. It took till Monday to get all of the left overs out of the house. On Tuesday I boxed up some items we had held back from the sale. This morning at 9:00 the carpet cleaner showed up and went to work. At 10:00am the realtor showed up with her camera and took some pictures and put on the MLS lock. At 10:30 she said this will be on the internet in 30 minutes.

I went to run some errands and at 11:45 she called and said there will be a showing at noon so don't go to the house. We had moved into the CC last Tuesday by the way. While having a libation tonight at 8:00 pm, realtor sent an offer from a couple and said to counter back at the asking price. We did and the contract will be signed in the morning subject to inspection.

We have been planning this for a year. DW has some work obligations for about 30 to 45 days so Gracie the sheltie and I may have to go to FL and see the son and granddaughter and pick up the DW on our way back north.

We are blessed as this has been way too smooth and live in an area where the real estate market is hot.. But we are looking forward to seeing the country and many of our fellow travelers.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:47 PM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations Jack, Katie and Gracie! The fun is about to begin for you 3. You might look at the cost of a plane ticket vs the fuel to drive all the way back to pick Katie up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #28

Relative to the number RVs there is an infinite number of places to park out west.

Tonight we are in a COE park on the Snake River for $6.50 with 50 amp service. Our black water tank was at 90%.

Of course the place is booked solid for the holiday weekend.

Tags
full-timing