Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2016, 06:17 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good reasons to FT

Service. Before FT simple work took weeks - even months. Now just days. Coach went in Wed. around noon for slide problems covered by wty. Was done and ready to pick up Fri AM. Happy campers!
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #2

Yep! If the service folks know that this is your home they'll get it done fast. We called for an appointment when we figured we'd be in the area. We'd pull in the previous afternoon, spend the night at their facility with electric and they'd have everything done the next day. Never any wait.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:10 AM   #3

Downsizing

Our options are an RV or an apartment. We chose the RV (older model and paid cash for it) and are fixing it up now. Adult kids are grown and gone, so why sign a lease and be stuck with neighbors that may suck? This way we can have seasonal-limited travel (because of Drs. and kids/grand-kids) and is actually closer to what I wanted for retirement. Winter at the beach and summer in the mountains, always staying in the same general geographic area.
steamyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #4

Life is short. Too much to see in this country to stay in your house. Enjoy the days you have and stay active.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #5

Yes, so much to see out there!

We haven't had too many service issues just yet (knock on wood), but it's a relief to hear that some service providers are understanding of the full-timers situation!
JohnandKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #6

Soon enough I will be FT and glad they will accommodate me because of that. In the meantime. I still work full time and have limited time I can take off and use the RV and need to schedule that time off. I've had to cancel my plans because I have been shoved to the end of the list. It's been in for service since March 8th. Yep, that's over 3 months going on 4. For the 4th time I am being told it should be another 2-3 weeks.
I will do everything in my power to get ANY service done in the future at the REV factory service center. Lazydays in Tampa is probably one of the more reputable dealers out there too. I will have to be in real distress to bring it back there for ANY work. Needless to say I am NOT happy with them. I was very understanding and polite up until last week. I unfortunately unleashed a rather nasty scene in their customer service area. This was out of character for me. Enough was enough.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:00 PM   #7

My coach has been in the shop up here since April 25. I thought it might make sense to come down there in July for service. Guess it doesn't matter where you go. There are more people in need of repair then repair centers. We have a lot in Zephyrhills and during winter months almost impossible to get in for service in that area.
Hmmmmmmmm......