Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #99

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Living in a RV beats living in a house!!! For us, anyway.
When I owned a house, I would visit other areas of the country, and wonder what it would be like to live there.

Now, I just go and do it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #100

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Until you have experienced full time RV life it is very difficult to imagine what being a full timer is all about. Those people who use their RVs for vacations must set a different pace to their travels because the HAVE to be home by a certain date in order to ______.

I've noticed that many new full timers take a while to adjust to the fact that this is not a vacation and there is no rush to see and do everything before _______.

The most wonderful part of my FT RV life is the other RVers I've met along the way. As a whole I find that 98+% of them are kind, considerate and willing to help without being asked. This includes other FTers and vacationers alike. This would be a much nicer world if everyone spent part or all of their lives in an RV.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
Disagree totally.
Disagree if you like; Carma will get you and you will eat your words; life is hard, I wish you well; but things happen that you have no control over,
sorry ,not preaching, just the facts, you can't control the future, again I wish you well,
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #102

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sorry, a bit off topic, but when I read this I felt moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post

Sometimes its an attitude, ... but most are just broke. either due to poor choices, or just old age and disability. Either way, I feel the need to help if I can and don't mind helping with repairs when it's evident they really need it.
A long time ago a guy named Matt (25) quoted what a pretty smart guy had to say about those with less than we.
"Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Please pay it forward.
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #103

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Disagree if you like; Carma will get you and you will eat your words; life is hard, I wish you well; but things happen that you have no control over,
sorry ,not preaching, just the facts, you can't control the future, again I wish you well,

I know we can’t control every aspect of our future, but there are many things that we can. Wise spending and sound financial planning today will give you more options in your future.

As far as natural disasters go, I feel that living a mobile lifestyle gives me a way out when everything around me would otherwise be in chaos. How many wildfire victims in California and hurricane victims along the gulf coast could have saved their homes if they could have moved them out of harm's way?

Choosing to live in an RV also means you choose to live with less "stuff". That is a physically and emotionally healthier life in my opinion. The more stuff you have, the more you need to control and the more you need to worry about. I never learned to juggle and I have no interest in having more things in my life that I would need to juggle.

The ability to relocate to better weather and different places greatly aids my emotional wellbeing and happiness. Sunshine fuels my spirit and makes me smile. Meeting new people and exploring new places fuels my intellectual wellbeing.

My wish for you is that you find something that gives you hope and a more positive attitude towards the future. Life is too precious to waste on negativity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #104

Quote:
Happiness is the key to life. May you find yours.
I hope you get the help which you are seeking.
I too wish you well.
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
Happiness is the key to life. May you find yours.
I hope you get the help which you are seeking.
I too wish you well.
Not seeking help; just stating facts; if you live long enough,you will understand,
live long and well (it's every ones wish) ; by the way I'm 86 and doing fine, thank you.
have a nice day
Old 01-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #106

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Choosing to live in an RV also means you choose to live with less "stuff". That is a physically and emotionally healthier life in my opinion. The more stuff you have, the more you need to control and the more you need to worry about.
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:16 AM   #107

Quote:
Karma will get you?

Quote:
kar·ma

/ˈkärmə/

noun

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
Seems your karma got you. What the next persons action brings forth is in no way contingent on what your action delivered to you.

Also you're not stating facts. You're staying your life experiences as you allowed them to happen to you.

Living in a S&B, RV, space station is relative. It becomes what you make it. Nothing more. Sure, life has a way of throwing the unexpected but it matters only to the point of how you handle it. Do you allow it to keep you down or look at it for the lesson it is and keep growing.
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:51 PM   #108

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Living in a S&B, RV, space station is relative. It becomes what you make it. Nothing more. Sure, life has a way of throwing the unexpected but it matters only to the point of how you handle it. Do you allow it to keep you down or look at it for the lesson it is and keep growing.[/QUOTE]

Well said! We all make our own reality. You can choose to be happy about your life, or miserable. I prefer to see the positive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #109

Quote:
I know we can’t control every aspect of our future, but there are many things that we can. Wise spending and sound financial planning today will give you more options in your future.

As far as natural disasters go, I feel that living a mobile lifestyle gives me a way out when everything around me would otherwise be in chaos. How many wildfire victims in California and hurricane victims along the gulf coast could have saved their homes if they could have moved them out of harm's way?

Choosing to live in an RV also means you choose to live with less "stuff". That is a physically and emotionally healthier life in my opinion. The more stuff you have, the more you need to control and the more you need to worry about. I never learned to juggle and I have no interest in having more things in my life that I would need to juggle.

The ability to relocate to better weather and different places greatly aids my emotional wellbeing and happiness. Sunshine fuels my spirit and makes me smile. Meeting new people and exploring new places fuels my intellectual wellbeing.

My wish for you is that you find something that gives you hope and a more positive attitude towards the future. Life is too precious to waste on negativity.
I don't know your line of thinking ----but I'M NOT NEGATIVE AS YOU KEEP SAYING, I am a realest; things happen that you have little or no control, as you get older you may; or as in your case not realize it; it is impossible to foretell everything, you on the other hand believe that good by planning for your future, you will be able to control it.
I wish you well, but the future can not be completely controlled; and planed for; things happen that you will have no control over, just the facts; I"m 86 and I thought I was prepared for my future 'SUPPRIZE' things change; when you get old.
I wish you well and a happy carefree life, with no surprises; plan well my friend.
have a good and healthy day.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #110

Sometimes, for some people things go as planned , & it all works out for them . When those people see others who are struggling , for whatever reason , it’s easy for them to assume that they must not have planned properly , or they didn’t take care of themselves .
In some cases that’s true . In some cases , stuff happens . Some people had better guidance than others , some had a nice little financial boost to get them started , some got a job with a nice pension , some investments turned out to be good .
Some grew up on government cheese & had to try to figure it out on our own.
I was told real estate never looses. Well it can & did . Lost my ass . How do you plan for a flash flood ? Then be told it’ll never happen again . Then it happens again . Then how, while struggling with a financial mess from a flood, the recession hits . I should have planned better .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:55 PM   #111

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Until you have experienced full time RV life it is very difficult to imagine what being a full timer is all about. Those people who use their RVs for vacations must set a different pace to their travels because the HAVE to be home by a certain date in order to ______.

I've noticed that many new full timers take a while to adjust to the fact that this is not a vacation and there is no rush to see and do everything before _______.

The most wonderful part of my FT RV life is the other RVers I've met along the way. As a whole I find that 98+% of them are kind, considerate and willing to help without being asked. This includes other FTers and vacationers alike. This would be a much nicer world if everyone spent part or all of their lives in an RV.
Agree with you completely. We haven’t full timed very long, but have already met several very nice people. Since we are retired, we take it slow. The days of driving for hours on end, are over.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:02 PM   #112

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Melvonnar - I know there will continue to be surprises in my life. I'm not trying to be critical of your posts. I'm saying that with some decent financial planning, living with less excess baggage and deciding in advance that you'll make the best of every surprise, you can be happy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]