RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Nowhere, now here. Freedom!
Posts: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Living in a RV beats living in a house!!! For us, anyway.
When I owned a house, I would visit other areas of the country, and wonder what it would be like to live there.

Now, I just go and do it.
__________________

__________________
ORV 19B Full Timer Since '15, '14 Ram 2500 Diesel and a GSD. As of December 17 I'm in Pendleton OR for a tax paying job so I have an opinion about things
de K7NOL 146.52Mhz Safety? (CLICK ME!)
1bigmess is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #100
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,893
Until you have experienced full time RV life it is very difficult to imagine what being a full timer is all about. Those people who use their RVs for vacations must set a different pace to their travels because the HAVE to be home by a certain date in order to ______.

I've noticed that many new full timers take a while to adjust to the fact that this is not a vacation and there is no rush to see and do everything before _______.

The most wonderful part of my FT RV life is the other RVers I've met along the way. As a whole I find that 98+% of them are kind, considerate and willing to help without being asked. This includes other FTers and vacationers alike. This would be a much nicer world if everyone spent part or all of their lives in an RV.
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 472 watt solar, FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
Disagree totally.
Disagree if you like; Carma will get you and you will eat your words; life is hard, I wish you well; but things happen that you have no control over,
sorry ,not preaching, just the facts, you can't control the future, again I wish you well,
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #102
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,319
Sorry, a bit off topic, but when I read this I felt moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post

Sometimes its an attitude, ... but most are just broke. either due to poor choices, or just old age and disability. Either way, I feel the need to help if I can and don't mind helping with repairs when it's evident they really need it.
A long time ago a guy named Matt (25) quoted what a pretty smart guy had to say about those with less than we.
"Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Please pay it forward.
__________________
Michael (Home base Northern IL)
USED TO HAVE; Alpine 40MDTS Now Dynamax DX3
https://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPr...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #103
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Disagree if you like; Carma will get you and you will eat your words; life is hard, I wish you well; but things happen that you have no control over,
sorry ,not preaching, just the facts, you can't control the future, again I wish you well,

I know we canít control every aspect of our future, but there are many things that we can. Wise spending and sound financial planning today will give you more options in your future.

As far as natural disasters go, I feel that living a mobile lifestyle gives me a way out when everything around me would otherwise be in chaos. How many wildfire victims in California and hurricane victims along the gulf coast could have saved their homes if they could have moved them out of harm's way?

Choosing to live in an RV also means you choose to live with less "stuff". That is a physically and emotionally healthier life in my opinion. The more stuff you have, the more you need to control and the more you need to worry about. I never learned to juggle and I have no interest in having more things in my life that I would need to juggle.

The ability to relocate to better weather and different places greatly aids my emotional wellbeing and happiness. Sunshine fuels my spirit and makes me smile. Meeting new people and exploring new places fuels my intellectual wellbeing.

My wish for you is that you find something that gives you hope and a more positive attitude towards the future. Life is too precious to waste on negativity.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 472 watt solar, FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
markandkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Disagree if you like; Carma will get you and you will eat your words; life is hard, I wish you well; but things happen that you have no control over,
sorry ,not preaching, just the facts, you can't control the future, again I wish you well,
Happiness is the key to life. May you find yours.
I hope you get the help which you are seeking.
I too wish you well.
__________________
Navy Retired
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn 5.7
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #105
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
Happiness is the key to life. May you find yours.
I hope you get the help which you are seeking.
I too wish you well.
Not seeking help; just stating facts; if you live long enough,you will understand,
live long and well (it's every ones wish) ; by the way I'm 86 and doing fine, thank you.
have a nice day
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #106
Senior Member
 
mythplaced's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Choosing to live in an RV also means you choose to live with less "stuff". That is a physically and emotionally healthier life in my opinion. The more stuff you have, the more you need to control and the more you need to worry about.
__________________
Michael (Home base Northern IL)
USED TO HAVE; Alpine 40MDTS Now Dynamax DX3
https://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberPr...AA11052EA9DBB0
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:16 AM   #107
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Disagree if you like; Carma will get you and you will eat your words; life is hard, I wish you well; but things happen that you have no control over,
sorry ,not preaching, just the facts, you can't control the future, again I wish you well,
Karma will get you?

Quote:
kar∑ma

/ˈkšrmə/

noun

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
Seems your karma got you. What the next persons action brings forth is in no way contingent on what your action delivered to you.

Also you're not stating facts. You're staying your life experiences as you allowed them to happen to you.

Living in a S&B, RV, space station is relative. It becomes what you make it. Nothing more. Sure, life has a way of throwing the unexpected but it matters only to the point of how you handle it. Do you allow it to keep you down or look at it for the lesson it is and keep growing.
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #108
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,893
Living in a S&B, RV, space station is relative. It becomes what you make it. Nothing more. Sure, life has a way of throwing the unexpected but it matters only to the point of how you handle it. Do you allow it to keep you down or look at it for the lesson it is and keep growing.[/QUOTE]

Well said! We all make our own reality. You can choose to be happy about your life, or miserable. I prefer to see the positive.
__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 472 watt solar, FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #109
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I know we canít control every aspect of our future, but there are many things that we can. Wise spending and sound financial planning today will give you more options in your future.

As far as natural disasters go, I feel that living a mobile lifestyle gives me a way out when everything around me would otherwise be in chaos. How many wildfire victims in California and hurricane victims along the gulf coast could have saved their homes if they could have moved them out of harm's way?

Choosing to live in an RV also means you choose to live with less "stuff". That is a physically and emotionally healthier life in my opinion. The more stuff you have, the more you need to control and the more you need to worry about. I never learned to juggle and I have no interest in having more things in my life that I would need to juggle.

The ability to relocate to better weather and different places greatly aids my emotional wellbeing and happiness. Sunshine fuels my spirit and makes me smile. Meeting new people and exploring new places fuels my intellectual wellbeing.

My wish for you is that you find something that gives you hope and a more positive attitude towards the future. Life is too precious to waste on negativity.
I don't know your line of thinking ----but I'M NOT NEGATIVE AS YOU KEEP SAYING, I am a realest; things happen that you have little or no control, as you get older you may; or as in your case not realize it; it is impossible to foretell everything, you on the other hand believe that good by planning for your future, you will be able to control it.
I wish you well, but the future can not be completely controlled; and planed for; things happen that you will have no control over, just the facts; I"m 86 and I thought I was prepared for my future 'SUPPRIZE' things change; when you get old.
I wish you well and a happy carefree life, with no surprises; plan well my friend.
have a good and healthy day.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #110
Senior Member
 
stepside454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,672
Sometimes, for some people things go as planned , & it all works out for them . When those people see others who are struggling , for whatever reason , itís easy for them to assume that they must not have planned properly , or they didnít take care of themselves .
In some cases thatís true . In some cases , stuff happens . Some people had better guidance than others , some had a nice little financial boost to get them started , some got a job with a nice pension , some investments turned out to be good .
Some grew up on government cheese & had to try to figure it out on our own.
I was told real estate never looses. Well it can & did . Lost my ass . How do you plan for a flash flood ? Then be told itíll never happen again . Then it happens again . Then how, while struggling with a financial mess from a flood, the recession hits . I should have planned better .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:55 PM   #111
Senior Member
 
pduggs's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Until you have experienced full time RV life it is very difficult to imagine what being a full timer is all about. Those people who use their RVs for vacations must set a different pace to their travels because the HAVE to be home by a certain date in order to ______.

I've noticed that many new full timers take a while to adjust to the fact that this is not a vacation and there is no rush to see and do everything before _______.

The most wonderful part of my FT RV life is the other RVers I've met along the way. As a whole I find that 98+% of them are kind, considerate and willing to help without being asked. This includes other FTers and vacationers alike. This would be a much nicer world if everyone spent part or all of their lives in an RV.
Agree with you completely. We havenít full timed very long, but have already met several very nice people. Since we are retired, we take it slow. The days of driving for hours on end, are over.
__________________
2008 Dynasty Squire
Paul & Luci
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #112
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 8,893
Melvonnar - I know there will continue to be surprises in my life. I'm not trying to be critical of your posts. I'm saying that with some decent financial planning, living with less excess baggage and deciding in advance that you'll make the best of every surprise, you can be happy.
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F, 2012 Smart Car toad, 472 watt solar, FMCA #F466348
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 - no end in sight
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Building" your own "Home Base" on "Your Property"??? Wundertaker Full-Timers 51 08-27-2018 11:07 PM
A "Camper" is a "Camper, and a"Trailer" is a "Trailer"! OHVtime iRV2.com General Discussion 31 10-22-2017 08:57 AM
"New Posts," "Today's Posts" and "List Subscriptions" Not Current l1v3fr33ord1 Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns 3 02-23-2016 07:28 AM
Soon to be Full-Timer and first timer... cameradude58 5th Wheel Discussion 41 01-28-2013 04:12 PM


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.