Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #43

I am fortunate to have been able to build up a substantial website clientele which gives me continual work and passive income.

I also build my own sites (adsense, distributor of products/equipment.) I optimized them for the top of Google.

We have been full-timing since July 2011 and love every minute of it. Our plan is to visit all 50 states. We are currently on state #11.
bpendley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpendley View Post
I am fortunate to have been able to build up a substantial website clientele which gives me continual work and passive income.

I also build my own sites (adsense, distributor of products/equipment.) I optimized them for the top of Google.

We have been full-timing since July 2011 and love every minute of it. Our plan is to visit all 50 states. We are currently on state #11.
Gotta love those well built adsense sites...nothing better than doing the work once and then getting consistently paid over and over again!

To your continued success!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #45

We are new to IRV2, but have been on the road full time for over 6 years now. We earn our income by running our little software development and technology consulting business.

We have a variety of clients that we do custom web application and iPhone/iPad development projects for. We've also been hired to do strategy consultation for tech start-ups, writing, technical analysis, project management, etc. The majority of our work is done remotely. We've also been known to take on fun little gigs from time to time - like working at Amazon.com.

In the course of our travels, we also identified a few needs that a mobile app could help solve - we dabble a bit in iOS (iPhone and iPad) app development. We currently have two apps in the App Store - Coverage? (overlays each of the major carrier coverage maps, so us travelers can better plan our routes and stops for where we're most likely to get a signal) and State Lines (tracks 40+ state laws that affect us travelers - helmet laws, texting bans, speed limits, overnighting in rest stops, alcohol, etc.)

App development has been fun - you put a lot of effort upfront into developing the app and marketing it, then the money just trickles in. It's a nice little side hobby income stream that buys the beer at least. With enough effort, could see app developing being a viable income stream to fund someone on the road.

- Cherie
Technomadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Outlaw View Post
The great thing is I work as much or as little as I want to. I had cancer chemo for several months and didn't feel like doing much, but my customers kept purchasing and I kept getting my commissions. When I pass, my wife will cash the checks. When she passes, my son's family will cash the checks.

It is $15 for a 6 month AMSOIL Dealership. This includes a monthly AMSOIL Dealer magazine. There is also an optional business manual available for $40 that includes an open book test you can take and when you pass it, AMSOIL will send you free leads for customers who want to make purchases.

PM me anytime. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.
I'd be interested to hear more about this in a PM. I'm already a huge fan of AMSOIL and looking for my next adventure.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnmarine View Post
I'd be interested to hear more about this in a PM. I'm already a huge fan of AMSOIL and looking for my next adventure.
PM sent!
Damon Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #48

Quote:
PM sent!
Thanks! I replied back.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #49

Quote:
"...There is also an optional business manual available for $40 that includes an open book test you can take and when you pass it, AMSOIL will send you free leads for customers who want to make purchases..
I suppose those leads are 'warm leads'...right?

If so, what's the conversion rate of those customers you contact who actually buy and how long after the 1st contact do they wind up making that purchase?

I'm going to do some more digging about AmsOil...and just might hit you up w/any questions I might have!

Thanks!

RogueRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRVer View Post
I suppose those leads are 'warm leads'...right?
Correct. These leads are from people who have contacted AMSOIL for more information and/or want or have just made purchases. All customers and commissions are assigned a Dealer.
Quote:
If so, what's the conversion rate of those customers you contact who actually buy and how long after the 1st contact do they wind up making that purchase?
I'd say half. And typically within a month.

Quote:
I'm going to do some more digging about AmsOil...and just might hit you up w/any questions I might have!

Thanks!
You are welcome! Let me know if I can help.
Damon Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #51

I will be retiring from the FD at the end of June. I will then be full timing and being paid to do so by my pension

I am looking forward to working part-time doing something that I want to do where money is not the object, and I do not have to be a boss

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #52
ocs

wife and i will begin our full time journey come Nov. this year I have a monthly retirement income but we hope to add to that along the way she is a computer guru it person. I spent my career in law enforcement.
ocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #53

I work as system engineer doing system administration plus do some Security pentesting/auditing. I am not fulltiming yet but have been working from home for 3 years. Just paid off our last bill and saving up to go full timing. Hope to be on the road in 6 months!!
Linuxoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #54

IT guy here too. Deskjob, only IT guy at the company. I can do a good deal of the work remotely, so when it's time to hit the road (this coming fall) I'll try to keep this position and make it remote. Until then I'm building up my web development income.

*plug*, "Our Web Design Business" link in my sig is for a free website offer I'm promoting trying to get my monthly income started.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #55

I live in mine for 3 weeks/home for 1...work as an oilfield heavy haul truck driver in West Texas. A cheap apartment in the wonderful town of Odessa will run you 1500 a month, a few of us got together and rent a big generator for 1100 a month and live in.the back 40 at our companys yard...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #56

I can't seem to edit my old post to remove my plug. I didn't know at the time that it was agains the Terms here. Can a mode remove the last part of post 54. Thanks.