Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #15

Thank you for all the great wishes. We are just really looking forward to it, and downsizing. Some things are tough t part with, but it will be ok. Its just stuff.
nevercamped is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercamped View Post
Thank you for all the great wishes. We are just really looking forward to it, and downsizing. Some things are tough t part with, but it will be ok. Its just stuff.
You have time to downsize in stages. There are things that will be easy to get rid of early. There is also a time where weight will come into play. We took it like an onion peeling one layer at a time. Eventually we got down to what we carry without any storage. During the process we had a small storage shed and 4 garage sales. Also gave lots of stuff away to friends, family and charity. We got it all done between May when we moved into the MH and late August when the house sold.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #17

About downsizing and getting rid of stuff . . .
I think my kids are more excited about my going full-time than I am. I've already had them over to pick out what they want. Wasn't much left after that . . .
I'll have just a few items for a garage sale (remains go to charity of some sort), and a few large items I'm not parting with (my "command" chair for example; got a toy hauler so can take it along!).
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #18

I love the idea of living in a small space, just the two of us and looking forward to the daily distractions of kids, etc being gone (or at least at a distance).
Old 03-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
nevercamped, you are not alone. DW & I have never, maybe once years ago, camped. we bought a Motorhome last year and will be full time in it in June after I retire. We are both looking forward to it. She says we are not camping wer'e RV'ing!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
nevercamped, you are not alone. DW & I have never, maybe once years ago, camped. we bought a Motorhome last year and will be full time in it in June after I retire. We are both looking forward to it. She says we are not camping wer'e RV'ing!
I like the way you think! I am trying to think of something fun to get DH as a surprise for the RV that he wouldn't think of, anybody have any suggestions?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
A compact air compressor is a handy thing to have for maintaining tire pressures. An inflatable kayak is a fun thing to have for exploring.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #22

If you get a compact air compressor, beware that most of the 12-volt compressors will advertise that they inflate up to 125 lbs (or 200 or 250 - take your pick), but they will not inflate a truck/fifth wheel/MH tire. You either have to get a compressor that runs on 110 vac and has a tank, or spend a fair amount of money on a GOOD compressor, like a Viair, that will actually do the job.

Jim
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #23

He has an air compressor, so that's taken care of. What other nifty gadgety things are out there?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercamped View Post
He has an air compressor, so that's taken care of. What other nifty gadgety things are out there?
Tire pressure monitoring system.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
Electric dump valves. Warren
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time