Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
45 ' is not too large!
We have traveled from Canada, to Florida, Texas, and Arizona and multiple points in between and have never been unable to find a place to park or an RV park that could not accommodate us. We have a 45 motorhome and tow a Flex, for a total of 54 '.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #30

45 is not to big. I wish they made one bigger. We've never had a problem being able to get anywhere we want, having a 60 degree front turn radius and a tag axle that can be raised is great. We can get in spots that we couldn't get with our old 40 footer with no tag.
Steve n Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Unless that's a very short Flex, I think he meant 64'.

I agree with the above, my 45 turns better and often feels shorter than my old 40 footer. I have absolutely no regrets about going to 45, and I am loving all the extra room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
45 ' is not too large!
We have traveled from Canada, to Florida, Texas, and Arizona and multiple points in between and have never been unable to find a place to park or an RV park that could not accommodate us. We have a 45 motorhome and tow a Flex, for a total of 54 '.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
45 ' is not too large!

Are u hauling that flex on a lift. 9' be real short ??

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:18 AM   #33

I too am 45' plus a Lincoln MKT in tow for 69' long combination , and I downsized from a GMC Yukon XL. By 1,000 lb and a little shorter.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:53 AM   #34

This is our first coach and felt comfortable enough after with just a couple test drives. The key is being conservative when driving. Speeds and distances should be slower and greater respectively.

Our coach has a 60 degree wheel cut and I can't believe where I have been able to get this rig into. Also our 45 with the tag is very stable in cross winds.

Get the 45' and don't look back.