Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2019, 09:46 AM   #71

We got a jayco 36FBTS the half bath probably saved our marriage (not really but it sounds good) we would not change a thing and if we get another rig someday we will not go to a single bath unit.
bigdadof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #72

Two toilet floorplan is a must. We are half-timers and like having two for all the reasons mentioned.
cyclehome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #73

Forest River Owners Club
We recently bought another new-to-us rig, and we did consider a couple of floorplans with a bath & a half. But in the end we didn't feel it was a priority. We wanted to stay below 36' and felt like that extra space could be better used in other ways. Oh, and we are a family of four with 2 teenage girls. They have their own bath at home, but in our various RVs a single bath has never been a real issue.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Look at the RV positives and negatives first, then decide

The only advantages to having a 1/2 bathroom in a class A that I can think of are (1) it is accessible when needed with the sides in (like at a rest stop); (2) you travel with kids; and (3) it's a shorter walk from your couch. The disadvantages are: (1) it takes up space that might be better utilized for a kitchen, pantry, linen closet, storage, or living room; (2) one toilet can be placed above your black tank but the other toilet requires a built-in macerator, and (3) it probably won't be used often enough to justify the space requirement.

My coach is a bath and a half Entegra 42RBQ. We are full timing and this floor plan offers the following mandatory to us features, including: (1) a full length rear closet; (2) mid-ship main TV; and (3) washer/drier not located in the rear closet. To get those features we had to include the half bath.

My recommendation is to list the RV features you must have, list the additional features you desire, list the features you don't want or don't need, then look at floor plans that come closest to your features from the manufacturers you trust.

Since I have only owned motorized RVs I cannot speak to a towable RV.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #75

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMacLeod View Post
My wife and I are thinking about going full time. We are currently doing our research and getting familiar with the different brands and floor-plans. We are leaning towards a 5th wheel toy hauler. It will be just the two of us but I'm not sure if one bathroom is enough.

Do you ever wish you had an additional 1/2 bath or a second full bath? Is it worth taking away from the living space?
We started with a TT and had one bath, moved to e Fiver with 1 an 1/2 bath, loved it, moved to a MC and it was almost a must, but we found a floorplan with it so we bought it. great to have when kids or friends are staying over. I would go with the 1/2 bath.
ChuckandMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #76

The half bath is great for us, would be hard to “downsize “ to only 1 bathroom. And we feel we have adequate room in our 45 ft MH.
Bump999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #77

Thor Owners Club
We full timed years ago, 1st when our house flooded with 4ft of water. Then later when our house sold b4 we were ready to move (we didn't have another picked out). Both had 1 bathroom, it seemed we always needed to go at the same time.

When we came across the Thor 32.1 with 2 bathrooms it was perfect. Neither is designed well, but work for us.

It did cut storage & counter space, which I didn't realize until I started to transfer our goodies.

If there's a drawback besides the quality issues, it's the storage on this model. It's POOR, very!

It's not that I have too much, it's the configuration of the compartments & door sizes. 2 of the largest doors/compartments have gray/black tanks filling them.

jbwilli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #78

Do you currently use 1or2 now? I started using our guest bathroom years ago. When we started looking for a coach we quickly realized a half bath was a nonnegotiable. When you both wake up at night and need to go, you’ll be glad you have a 2nd toilet.
jdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
We have the half bath. Don't "need" it but it sure is convenient. Life is always about trade offs and the space used for the half bath is well worth it.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #80

In a 2,000 sq ft home, more than one is great. In a 200 sq ft home, I think it's bizarre to even consider giving up the space. If one isn't enough for 2 people in a RV, maybe the RV lifestyle isn't a good fit for you?
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N. View Post
In a 2,000 sq ft home, more than one is great. In a 200 sq ft home, I think it's bizarre to even consider giving up the space. If one isn't enough for 2 people in a RV, maybe the RV lifestyle isn't a good fit for you?

Totally disagree. The half bath is the best use of the space in our 36 ft MotorHome. How else would 2 people better use the space? We’ve been RVing for 9 years, 8 of them with one bath and the last year with 2. Having 2 has been such a convenience. We’d never go back to one. I think it’s safe to say that people have different needs based on many variables. For us, the second bath is worth the space. But 36 feet of motor home provides plenty of living and storage space for our needs/ preferences.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #82

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
One aspect of the issue that, I don't believe, has been discussed is that the flexibility of a single bath can be enhanced by a well-designed "split bath" configuration. Our MH has a separate toilet room with sink plus a very large shower area with a second sink. in addition, my wife has a lighted vanity area with mirror and storage.

Yes, sometimes having a second toilet would be nice, but, most of the time, having the split bath arrangement allows us both to get ready to go out at the same time without interfering with each other.
This is our set-up and has worked out well so far.

We like the larger livingroom, kitchen, bedroom, this layout affords.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #83

Our old coach had a bath and 1/2
When looking for a new coach we debated if we wanted the large closet or a bath and 1/2
We couldn't decide so we bought a bigger coach and got both
igapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark N. View Post
Well I can tell you this: we are very, very happy to have the second bath and we love our full-time RV lifestyle, so I'm going to take a big leap here and say that it does seem to be a good fit for us. I'm betting a lot of people feel the same. But we actually have 300+ sq ft, not including the decks.
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote