Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 07:26 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I have noticed a number of us use enclosed car carriers to haul our fun cars. It does limit our off campground driving to roads that improved, meaning that az blm camping is out of the options.
We have two vehicles that we can take depending our destination. Right now the roadster is enjoying the sun in Tx. In summer we may switch to the truck to get new home base set up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Since we were going to be Winter Texans we got rid of almost all cold weather clothing. Big mistake. Should of hung on to at least 3-4 sweatshirts and a couple pair of sweat pants for those occasional cold days/nights.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #31

[QUOTE=twogypsies;4073060]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBuckI View Post
Biggest thing I am going to have a problem getting rid of is the 2000 Corvette convertible. Was my dream car and have had it for 14 years, so that is going to be tough. QUOTE]

Can't one of the kids take it off your hands? Then you'll be able to visit it.

Oh, believe me, two of my sons have “offered”. LOL! Gotta say, It is really more about breaking the chains of the past and setting off on this adventure. I am OK with letting it go, just want to make sure it goes to a good home. I don’t want a museum piece. DW & I have fabulous memories of our trips in it and I want someone else to build on that. She only has 89k miles. Ever do the 7 Mile Bridge in the Keys in Corvette? Wow...
Old 03-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerkel View Post
We pick up our RV and begin our full-time adventure in less than two weeks. We are well along in our downsizing efforts and of the things we are not getting rid of we are making two piles; one pile of things we want to store and one pile of things to take with us.

My DW wants to know if anyone who full-times ever had any regrets about something that they did NOT keep and found out later that they should have. If so what would that thing be please?

Thanks

Eddie and Mireille
No regrets at all!

In fact, we felt like once we got on the road there were too many thing we kept.

Things are replaceable and most of the things you will or won't take with you on the road are not very expensive. It's a waste of time to worry about whether you should or shouldn't keep any item with a replacement cost of less than $20, unless it's super sentimental.

Personally, I don't get attached to things, but my wife does and she does the who, what if we need it one day game. I always tell her, if we need that item so bad, we will go to a thrift store and get one for a few bucks, use it and re-donate it as we probably won't need it again for a long time.

Benjamin Ehinger
Old 03-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #33

My lp’s!
Old 03-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
One question... my wife and I will be full timing in 60-90 days. My wife would pitch EVERYTHING...sometimes I even think me! we will be storing only the basics of furniture we'll want/need when the Goo Lord says we're done or we quit full timing and get something small to move into. We've purged at least 60% of our stuff and it does feel great to do so!

What will those of you do who've gotten rid of EVERYTHING and have nothing in storage for future needs if full timing and RVing ends? Just curious..

At that point, sell the RV and buy new stuff!
Old 03-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I got rid of everything except 2 boxes of photos and keepsakes that are stored at my daughter's house. That was 7 years ago and I haven’t opened either box since.

We winter on BLM land near Quartzsite, AZ. This year I invested in a large windbreak, dump barrel and other things that have made our 4 months here more pleasant and fun.

As I'm packing up to head north again, I find that I have about 300 pounds of stuff that I won’t use again until next November. I looked into storage units and it will cost more to store the stuff than it would to buy it new again next Fall, but I've invested a lot of time buying and modifying things to fit.

My depression era parents saved EVERYTHING and taught me not to be "wasteful". I even considered buying a trailer to hold my toad and stuff, but decided adding more travel weight capacity is NOT a good idea. We're leaving next week and I still don’t know what I'll keep or give away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:41 AM   #36

We met a person who had recently "downsized" from a house into a full time rig. He had a massive class A motor home, and a matching trailer behind it that was almost as big. Wow. Just wow. Too much stuff for us!
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm on my third go around on getting rid of stuff. No regrets. Less stuff now means less to get rid of later.