Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Don't go to such upscale RV parks! We never feel the way you do if our rigs are not spotless. It just means that we're out there having fun - not wasting time cleaning. We boondock and use national forest parks, national parks, state parks and go 4-wheeling. We always seem to be dirty. We'll clean - by hand - if we get a chance but we really don't worry about what others think.
We dont boondock. That was back in the day. Been there done that, wore out 10 4x4 pickups. We atay on the black stuff these days.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer3025 View Post
Yeah, I don't think I'll let $ 80,000 worth of pickup and trailer go to pot. Not my style.

LOL!! Nothing's going to pot, it's just getting dirty. Clean it when you can-- nothing wrong with that-- but remember-- you're there to smell the coffee! Lots of us were military, some of us were engineer types who like to pamper their machines; but dammit, at this point I've damn well earned the right to relax, and if my dirty toad or coach puts a grimace on someone's face I'm not losing aaaaannnnyyyyyy sleep at all over it!
end text
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thom is an engineer and still working. He rides his Harley to work most days. Guys at work TRY to give him a hard time about his bike being somewhat dirty. His response? "I ride mine all the time, what's your excuse for yours being so clean?"
Old 07-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
LOL!! Nothing's going to pot, it's just getting dirty. Clean it when you can-- nothing wrong with that-- but remember-- you're there to smell the coffee! Lots of us were military, some of us were engineer types who like to pamper their machines; but dammit, at this point I've damn well earned the right to relax, and if my dirty toad or coach puts a grimace on someone's face I'm not losing aaaaannnnyyyyyy sleep at all over it!
end text
LOL! I hear ya. :-)>
RVM #104
Old 07-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #19

Quote:
I'm getting ready to go full-time in a couple of weeks. One of the things I'm wondering about is how am I going to keep my Pickup clean? I mean the last time the DW and myself pulled into a nice RV Park, it seemed like it was a truck show and shine competition. I mean my truck was the only one caked in a thick cloak of heavy dust. I mean most of the guys at one point during the day was polishing their rigs. I felt like I was the spectacle of the RV park. You know, that guy that has that really nice truck that is filthy from being on the road.

I'm a retired mechanic and worse than that military. So usually my truck and everything I own is perfectly clean, and maintained. Most CG's won't let you wash your TV or TT in the park. Coin wash do not cut it. What do you guys do to keep your vehicles so darn clean? I'm not kidding. My truck was the only dirty one in the park. It bummed me out. Thanks for your suggestions.
I'm the same way,I'm a retired mechanic and ex-military.I'm a little OCD too.Nothing wrong with trying to keep your stuff looking new,just don't obsess over it.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #20

^^^^LOL, Yeah with only 2 weeks left before we hit the road I should be worried about more important stuff. I guess going full-time, without all the usual conveniences of a S&B will finally help me rid myself of this sickness. I don't intend to keep it spotless, but I will try to keep it clean.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
^^^^LOL, Yeah with only 2 weeks left before we hit the road I should be worried about more important stuff. I guess going full-time, without all the usual conveniences of a S&B will finally help me rid myself of this sickness. I don't intend to keep it spotless, but I will try to keep it clean.
You will figure it out on the road!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote