Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #29

Enjoy and count on having fun with the journey.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #30

Thank you for the encouragement!
Katedltn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #31

We did the same thing 3.5 years ago....with no regrets, ENJOY
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
3 months in with no regrets or problems,have seen most of the southern states and have plans to move north over the next few months with summer in New York and Pennsylvania.We have all campgrounds booked until October in Michigan.
Then off to Florida for the winter
taz4028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:49 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've been waiting about three months to add to this thread. Last week, we took that biggest step of actually "moving in" to our RV. We're staying at a local RV park before hitting the road officially due to work commitments but are anxious to get going.

Been a journey and a half just to get this far. Sold our 2000 sf house 10 months ago, which forced us to downsize a LOT. Rented a small 1000sf apartment out of necessity and took that time to get rid of most of our remaining big items. Then this last week we were literally begging friends and family to take stuff off our hands: dishes, cooking items, coolers, grills, clothes, clothes, clothes. It seemed there was no end and once you thought you got rid of everything, two new things pop up you need to deal with, meaning give away or sell (if you're lucky). I thought getting rid of the big stuff like furniture would solve most of our storage issues on the coach, but I'm sure everyone knows how amazing it is all the "little" stuff in one's life that takes up space too. For those that have not made this move yet, it is definitely a different type of move, going from B&M to the RV, than it was from a B&M to a different B&M. You MUST find space for every last item. I know I'm preaching but it was a little more difficult than expected. We finally have everything on the coach, and once our work is done we're out of here. Getting rid of "things" was so very cleansing though. We are soooo excited. Can't wait to meet other full timers out there.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
...Been a journey and a half just to get this far. Sold our 2000 sf house 10 months ago, which forced us to downsize a LOT...
I can totally relate. It's taken us a long time and a lot of effort to get rid of our stuff so we could full time. We're in the coach full time now but we still have a lot of stuff in a storage unit. I don't feel we're free yet from the previous lifestyle as it's forcing us to spend several more months in one place to sell off the remaining items. Perseverance is key. Gotta keep at it.
Roadtrip Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #35

Awesome!!! Enjoy!
Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Two weeks behind you!!

Congrats! So exciting...the DH and I are right behind you. The house is closing next week and the last few things are being sold. We are waiting for delivery of our brand new 2017 Newmar Mountain Aire which should arrive on the 17th.
Pulling a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland behind. So we certainly know how you must be feeling.
Good luck and we might see you on the road somewhere!
Ruth and Frank Cain
Biding our time in Plano TX right now.....
ruthccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Posts like this inspire me!

We have 2-3 years before we can retire, but sold our house to move in and take care of the MIL 2 years ago. Now that she has been moved to a full time facility, we have the task of not only getting rid of the stuff we've accumulated over 35 years, we have the stuff she has accumulated over her 87 years. Did I mention she was a hoarder?

Right now we've been doing a little clear out, becoming overwhelmed and taking some time off, then back for a little more clearing.

Gonna be one heck of a yard sale if we can ever get organized..

Thanks for the posts - it reminds me that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #38

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, I'm working on getting rid of stuff. DW died in August and still have a 17 yr old step grandson living with me. I have stuff from the late DW's parents, my parents, the DW's daughter (died in Aug 2008), my sons stuff, our business inventory and 30 years of accumulation in the house.
Have taken literally thousands of $ worth of clothing and business inventory to the local humane society thrift store.
Don't really want to rent a storage place, did that for my parents stuff for a while but realized we were paying more in storage fees than what the stuff was worth. Parents both died in 2005 and just this week I went through the old family photo's. Wish someone had taken the time to label more of them.
The late DW was always buying too much, been throwing away out of date food for months now.
Maybe someday I'll get through it all! Then I can start remodeling the house to sell it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #39

Congratulations!!! You're going to love it!

Do you have a blog or anything like that?
BillAndKayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats! We're about 2 months in ourselves. California to Tennessee, here for a month then East and North till September till we meet friends in West Yellowstone. Enjoying the journey!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time, vent