Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #15

I would think that f you were to buy a lot for a physical address, you could still use a mail forwarding service from any other state to get your mail on the road.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #16

We use a mail service in Florida. It is a physical address. Left LA residence a few reasons Florida no the state income tax, no vehicle inspection, etc. LA isn't friendly to retirees, gives no breaks. Loved living there but didn't love retiring there.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #17

I am from LA, and full timing. I use my daughters address and she sends anything important to wherever I am. Most all important stuff,bank statements, credit card books, etc., are done electronically. Everything working so far. I have only been full time since December, 2013 though. What happens when drivers license and inspection stickers are due? Can anyone advise me on that? Mine expire in August and I won't be anywhere near Louisiana then.
LaTravel59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
LaTravel59, while your driver's license is good for four years, you can renew by mail or online every other time. So you only have to go into the DMV every eight years. As for vehicle inspection, just make sure you get your vehicle inspected fairly quickly once you return to the state if it has expired. That is our plan.
thanks8990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #19

My driver's license is good until 2017 and the DW will renew her's in two months. So her's should be good for a few years also. This will be plenty of time to figure out if we want to keep Louisiana as our residence or not. Back when I was working out of state I had to get my truck inspected several times after it had expired by several months. I never had a problem getting it done once I explained where I was working. But I did get it done ASAP.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #20

I can't remember if I renewed my license by mail last time or not. Guess I'll have to check with them before renewal time and ask. Maybe they will be nice and let me do it again. I retired from the State of LA, so I have to keep my address there, to keep my state income tax exemption.
LaTravel59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #21

Louisiana is listed as a retirement friendly state being they do not tax any retirement funds. But will they tax my 401k withdrawals?

Kiplinger - Interstitial
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote