Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My first FT anniversary

One year ago today I started my fulltime RV journey. Why didn't I do this YEARS ago? For those of you trying to decide -- Go for it! You can always park it or sell it, but if you only see half of what I have seen and do half of what I have done this past year your life will be forever enriched.

Thanks Y'all for all the help you have provided along the way!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Great. Still on fence as to or not. I think I will try 3 months come home. Try maybe 5 months. See how I like it. Went in 2005 for a six week trip and loved it. Would like to travel some then find a place to stay for awhile before moving on again. Spend winter in south. Have to wait until work os over in may next yr. work pt out of home
Sightseer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Day # 307 for us and have enjoyed every minute of it. Well okay maybe not EVERY minute but it has been interesting.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #4

Tomorrow is our first day only one year behind you and I am sure we will enjoy it too.. Have fun David and Linda
david2499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
David and Linda,

Have a marvelous time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #6

Fast forward to full time

If anyone has read my posts for the past year, we always finished with "going full time in July"
HOWEVER.... the house was only on the market for 17 days when it sold; we moved into the motorhome on March 1st and closed on the house March 23rd! What a whirlwind that was. Since I am still working until June 10th, we found the only available site within 60 miles of here and set up camp, south Florida campgrounds are always full until mid April or so.
Now the park is down to us and 7 other rigs, kind of a ghost town.
We are not qualified to comment on going full time even though we have logged over 1/2 million miles in motorhomes since 1971, but we enjoy all the good advise on this site. thanks to all of you and on June 11, we will see you out there! DACOTAH
Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #7

been fulltimimg since May 3rd. It has been different. I miss internet. I have my phone internet..but its not the same. I have boondocked a couple of short times. We are learning new things. I also tend to be nervous going down the road, even knowing im not behind the wheel. I hope that feeling will go away. Otherwise i love the freedoom of it all.
CorLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
CorLynn,

I have internet service almost everywhere using a Verizon MiFi. $50/month for up to 5 gigs. I would be a ship without a rudder without it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #9

iRV2 No Limits Club
We have been "out" for six years now with no regrets.

Every so often I ask my wife if she stll enjoys full time. She looks at me as if I am the village idiot and replies that if she ever changes her mind, she will let me know!

So far so good.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #10

We've been fulltime since March 9, 2006 when we pulled away from our sold home in Reno in a snowstorm! We love it and while we can only travel 6 months of the year due to budget issues (we park host 6 months) it's great and have no plans to settle down. There's so much to see & do, it will take us a loooong time to see & do it all!
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #11

We move in to our Cameo Travel Trailer in 17 days! Can't wait! We're staying local for the summer, then hopefully heading towards Texas for the fall/winter seasons.