Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #1

New to Fulltiming, need a bit of info

Okay, so I will begin my fulltiming adventure starting tomorrow (or sunday). Before I start, I was curious about a few things. I have a 2005 Coachmen Leprechaun 317ks.

1. Is there a directory where I can get diagrams for this model?
2. When full timing, is dumping once a week (give or take usage) still a necessity? I will be parked at a park with a dumping station available.
3. Any way to tighten up slide-out awnings? Living in windy parts of Texas, it sounds like a flapping tarp.
4. I plan on putting the kitty box in the "garage", and will need to cut a hole near the bed to do so. How well insulated is the storage area? Coming into winter, don't want my cat to pee-freeze!

I think that's all I have for now, thanks everyone in advance for any replies!
kyonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Welcome to full timing. It is a hard life with many obstacles. You will both need to pee and some one will have to deal with the results
Extend your awnings all the way out and roll them back in. Slack should be gone. Is your rig a toy hauler with a garage? Or do you mean storage bin? Toy garage insolation same as rest of walls, but may not be heated. Storage bin...frozen kitty
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply!

I just meant the main pass-through storage in the rear. Guess I will need to devise some sort of insulation!

I will definitely try rerolling the awning. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #4

You only have to dump the tanks when they're full...could be in a couple days....could be a couple weeks. It doesn't matter when. Make sure you have your black tank at least 3/4 full before dumping to get a good water flow out. Hopefully you will have a full grey tank at the same time which is good for rinsing out the hose after dumping the black.

Are you talking about the kitty litter box? Many folks just put it in the shower/bathtub and leave the door ajar.

Diagram of your RV? Can you check with the company or Google it?

Have fun in your new lifestyle.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #5

twogypsies:

Thanks for the response! Our cat has pretty bad poo odor, and we don't want to smell it as much as possible. The lady already told me "Nowhere where we can smell it!" :(

I am specifically looking for the electrical outlay of the RV. The owner's manual says what's in it, but doesn't give me the diagram for the entire RV. Google was unhelpful there.