Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2019, 09:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
A macerator pump is the first thing I thought of as well.

David: I suggest watching a couple of youtube videos to see how they work. There are distance and height limits, so be sure what you purchase works for your needs. It may be the simplest solution, and take up the least amount of room. The waste water carts are not tiny.

Good luck!!!
Thanks for the Good Luck. I think I'll use the cart first and see how bad it is. I can pull it with the lawn mower or something. I'll be watching plenty of videos and such before a do anything. I still have a couple of weeks before full time. I can practice with fresh water first.
daviddnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #16
RV LIFE Support Team

Regarding the dealer knowing you are living in it fulltime, he doesn't care, all he want to do is sell the rig to you. The dealer does not warranty the rig, the mfgs. do.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:10 PM   #17

A macerator sounds like it is the solution to your problem. I would add that, after the last tank is emptied, you probably want to run 5-10 of clean water through that tank to flush the hose. Buy a good quality 3/4" rubber hose that will not kink !
Old 06-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #18

As far as the warranty is considered, read the fine print on your policy. Warranty company’s always have reasons for denying claims. Living full-time in a rig that is not marketed as a full-time could be their reason.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:54 PM   #19

I would say the majority of folks full-timing are doing so very successfully in a RV not marketed for full-time. Plus, once the manufacturer's warranty runs out (1 yr ?) it makes absolutely no difference. Don't get all hung up on this.

If anything happens during that 1 yr warranty period just say you're on a long vacation - which you are. I've never heard of any issues with this and we've been sitting around a LOT of campfires with full-timers.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I would say the majority of folks full-timing are doing so very successfully in a RV not marketed for full-time. Plus, once the manufacturer's warranty runs out (1 yr ?) it makes absolutely no difference. Don't get all hung up on this.

If anything happens during that 1 yr warranty period just say you're on a long vacation - which you are. I've never heard of any issues with this and we've been sitting around a LOT of campfires with full-timers.
This makes me feel a little better, thanks. That's pretty much what the dealer said, but I do agree for the most part, that the dealer will say almost anything to get the sale.

I bought the extended warranty for the appliances and the "on-site" repair service. I didn't want to pack up and transport the the TT just because the refrigerator went out, or something like that. I'm really hoping not to have to use the warranty at all.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:52 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddnv View Post
This makes me feel a little better, thanks. That's pretty much what the dealer said, but I do agree for the most part, that the dealer will say almost anything to get the sale.

I bought the extended warranty for the appliances and the "on-site" repair service. I didn't want to pack up and transport the the TT just because the refrigerator went out, or something like that. I'm really hoping not to have to use the warranty at all.

You will need the warranty at some point. Just because you’re parked doesn’t mean stuff won’t go south on you, it’s an RV! Having mobile service is a plus too! I’ll give you 2 tips. Don’t leave your awning out when you’re gone or your water on! Good luck!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:05 PM   #22

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldelevatorman View Post
Don’t leave your awning out when you’re gone or your water on! Good luck!
x 2 !!!!
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:52 AM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldelevatorman View Post
You will need the warranty at some point. Just because you’re parked doesn’t mean stuff won’t go south on you, it’s an RV! Having mobile service is a plus too! I’ll give you 2 tips. Don’t leave your awning out when you’re gone or your water on! Good luck!
You don't necessarily have to have a warranty (which really is just a service contract for future work type of insurance) but you can self-fund your own repairs. We put 10% of the purchase price into an account and add to it each month enough to cover cost of annual maintenance, tires every 6-7 years, batteries every 6-7 years, etc. We have been doing that for 14 years now and always have enough set aside to cover any repair that we have needed.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #24

Thanks for the tips. I've been moved in for about 3 days or so. Then I had to go away for about 10 days. I'll be fully moved in this weekend.

I did turn off the water when I left (which I would do in my condo too). But I left the awning out (about 25% out), I didn't think about that. I like it to give some shade to help with the AC. What would be the reason to close it when I'm gone? For storms and such? It's on property with others, so they will be able to let me know if anything happens.

I think I'm going to like... As long as I don't get tired of carting the waste water (explained prior).

Thanks again for the tips!
Old 07-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #25
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddnv View Post
Thanks for the tips. I've been moved in for about 3 days or so. Then I had to go away for about 10 days. I'll be fully moved in this weekend.

I did turn off the water when I left (which I would do in my condo too). But I left the awning out (about 25% out), I didn't think about that. I like it to give some shade to help with the AC. What would be the reason to close it when I'm gone? For storms and such? It's on property with others, so they will be able to let me know if anything happens.

I think I'm going to like... As long as I don't get tired of carting the waste water (explained prior).

Thanks again for the tips!
It sounds like you are going to be fine.

Turning water off is GOOD.

Personally, I would close the awning completely. Can you count on the "others" to close the awning BEFORE a storm or high wind situation? At 3:00 AM? Do they even know how to operate the awning?

I would guess that they would be able to let you know if anything happens. "Yeah, your awning got ripped off and the metal frame poked a hole through the window and the side of the RV. Then we had heavy rain for an hour that blew everywhere. Is there supposed to be water coming out near the bottom of your door? Is that how your gutters work?"

Seriously, assume that no one will be there exactly when they need to close the awning. As others have said, close the awning before leaving.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #26

A neighbor left for a day of siteseeing and we had to clean the snow from his awning before it collasped by the freak storm!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
And the assumptions that every awning can be retracted from outside isn’t a good one. Nor are people who have automatic retraction in case of wind good to go, sometimes microbursts aahit before system can fully retract, or system breaks! [emoji35]
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post

I would guess that they would be able to let you know if anything happens. "Yeah, your awning got ripped off and the metal frame poked a hole through the window and the side of the RV. Then we had heavy rain for an hour that blew everywhere. Is there supposed to be water coming out near the bottom of your door? Is that how your gutters work?"
Lol, yeah, I get. That makes sense. I'm about to go away for another 7 days or so. I'll close it this time.

All great advice. Thanks.

Tags
full-timing, rving