Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1
Saw the movie, loved it. Don't tell anyone but I bought my wife a nikon d5100 for Xmas. She wil never figure out how to use it but she will sure try. I see a lot of bad photographs of birds in my future, LOL.
A really nice camera! Lucky lady (and you). Dont worry - it has an auto mode that'll take great pics 95% of the time. Secrets safe with us.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #30
KAS

I am one who loves to be near my hubby but also require my own space. Space where I organize my work and nobody moves it, or adds other stuff to it. If I clean out a space for a new project, I want that space to remain clear and not get filled by someone else. There is nothing so frustrating than getting rid of things I no longer need to prep for a new project only to return to the table and find someone used the newly cleared space to store their stuff! I think the hard and fast rule of my space/your space is a healthy one.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws
Shark Cage.

Then go to Home Depot for some heavy duty wheels for it so you can get away!

I think this needs to be added to the conversation stream on the fulltimers forum about "personal space". I think I will add shark cage to the options. The comments leads me to believe that the idea of personal space is possibly not only a good one, it may be a life saving one. LOL
I'm not sure this copied well, but transferred the comment from other stream and thought maybe "shark cages" should be added to our list of choices for personal space.
It does emphasize the concept that some personal space is probably good for many if not all rvers.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Go SOLO and the problem is solved
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post

So my question for everyone is, but espescially full timers, do you have a personal space which is yours and your spouse leaves alone? Is it essential to you? if so, where is it and how well does it function for you? If not, is it because you haven't found a spot or you don't think you really need it? Thanks for your input, maybe your experiences will help me decide what if anything I need to do or just be entertaining if nothing else.
We don't fulltime but do spend 3 months in FL each winter. We have our private spaces and for different reasons. He sleeps on the bottom bunk and the bunk above is mainly for his "stuff" including his clothing, medications, shaving equipment (toilet is small) etc. My private space is the queen size bed and bedroom at the front. All my personal stuff is there. Because of his snoring he has to sleep as far from me, a light sleeper, as possible. We like having some personal space, even in our TT.

As for the laptop computer, we share the one LT between us. When we need the table to eat we move it to the counter behind one of our dinette seats. Since the dinette seats 4 and there are only 2 of us, half of one seat is his personal stuff and half is mine. We have plastic baskets on the seats next to the wall holding pens/pencils, pads, address books, cameras, that sort of stuff.

I wish TTs came with bath and a halfs.

The cats have their own cat-tree with 3 shelves and built in scratching posts.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
We don't fulltime but do spend 3 months in FL each winter. We have our private spaces and for different reasons. He sleeps on the bottom bunk and the bunk above is mainly for his "stuff" including his clothing, medications, shaving equipment (toilet is small) etc. My private space is the queen size bed and bedroom at the front. All my personal stuff is there. Because of his snoring he has to sleep as far from me, a light sleeper, as possible. We like having some personal space, even in our TT.

As for the laptop computer, we share the one LT between us. When we need the table to eat we move it to the counter behind one of our dinette seats. Since the dinette seats 4 and there are only 2 of us, half of one seat is his personal stuff and half is mine. We have plastic baskets on the seats next to the wall holding pens/pencils, pads, address books, cameras, that sort of stuff.

I wish TTs came with bath and a halfs.

The cats have their own cat-tree with 3 shelves and built in scratching posts.
Even cats need personal space!
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't full time but my DW does. She has approximately 75% of the rv as her personal space and she compacts mine when I am not with her giving her about half of my space. I keep telling her that when I am able to travel full time with her we need to buy a new mh so we can start fresh. I want an outside enterntainment center for my space. I enjoy being outside and when conditions permit my space is quite large. As for storage space, I have plenty of room for my clothes inside, but everything else is in the basement. Very similar to the sticks & bricks. I have the garage and she has the inside of the house. I set up the garage as I like and she sets up the house as she likes even though she may only be there one weekend a month. I respect her space and leave it as she wants it.
I would like to say as others have posted that we love to be together 24/7 and when we are we do love each others company. But my DW has been on the road for over 6 years. I travel to where ever she is just about every week. We actually spend more time together than we did when she was working near home due to our then conflicting schedules. We now almost always have the same scheduled.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
Even cats need personal space!
My DW gets half the MH, the cats get the other half. I get to go along ...
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #37

We never did set any rules about "mine and yours". My wife gravitated to the couch with a TV table and I have the dining table.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote