Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
One of the reasons we spend the winters in Arizona not Florida is because of the bugs. Really do prefer the desert to 'no see ums'.

Barb

Yep. Bugs and humidity are reasons enough to go to the Southwest. The many things to see and do, and the beauty of the desert are wonderful pluses!

Dave and Nola - RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #44

Heading toward Arizona will probably be out first goal. There are a lot of places we want to see plus the DW has a niece that lives over there somewhere.

I have still got to slow down some. We rode bikes yesterday for about 6 miles and today for about 4 miles plus a 40 minute walk on a nature trail.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #45

I would cancel all your reservations and rethink the whole trip. Your going to be exhausted and pissed off after setting up in a different campground every other day for a month. Enjoy your time off and relax or you hate it and it won't be a good trial anyway. No one travels that much and enjoys it anyway. That's my opinion anyway.
go4dsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #46

It is to late to do that being we are at the last stop before heading home. Some stops was relaxing while some was tiring. We was doing to much. We will be at this stop for 6 nights and then will head home to start preparing the S&B to sale.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #47

Good glad to hear you didn't ruin the whole plan
Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #48

I meant glad you didn't change your mind because of the trip
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti View Post
I noticed that you will be going to 12 campsites in 30 days. This is one of the major differences to full-timing. If you use it for a vacation, you have a limited time to do what you want. You have to be at A then go to B then eventually have to return to get back to work. Full-timing is totally different, no rush, if you see a small shop that normally you pass when on a vacation, you stop. If you want to stay somewhere for an extra day, a weeek, a month you can. Full-timing is about slowing down the pace of your life. It is about avoiding the highways and taking the secondary roads and going the speed limit or less and enjoying the ride. It is about only driving 3-5 hours a day even though you are going across the county. It is about finding small festivals and towns. It is about relaxing and having no stess. It is a lifestyle change that is very difficult, if not impossible to duplicate when you are on vacation, have a timetable, and have to go back to work. Btw, have a wonderful trip and hope you eventually get to experience full-timing!
I can't wait we missed out last winter but for sure will be out of the S&B by the time the snow fly's this year. It will be the start of the rest of our lives. Sounds good. I pretty much stay in the MH in the driveway all summer love it.
You said it so well.
Thanks, Tim
I really think I/we can do it.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #50

We have two more days before we end our 38 night trip. We have decided to not kill ourselves trying to get the house ready to put on the market. We will first start off by selling a lot of extra (non-used) items. While this is going on we will find a campground where we can spend 2 to 4 weeks at. This will give us a better test of how long we can stand being at the same place. Getting home and working ourselves to death has been my biggest concern. Before we left I sold several pieces of exercise equipment on Craiglist and will start listing more items to sell.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
While this is going on we will find a campground where we can spend 2 to 4 weeks at. This will give us a better test of how long we can stand being at the same place.

I think that this is somewhat of an invalid test. Your house has wheels bud.
NerdyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #52

Pre-Full Timing Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyNomad View Post
I think that this is somewhat of an invalid test. Your house has wheels bud.

We have been F/T for 2.5 years, and constant vacation-mode does not fit well. The Journey is our Destination, but too much hop-scotching makes for higher expense and not enough time to drink in the sights. We dont travel to put pins on a map. Check out the pics in my blog, link is in my signature.

A week or two or up to a month in one spot allows for exploring with our Wrangler out to about 75 miles in all directions. Much to see and do, and some nifty off-road trails. 200 miles in a "move" is about 100 bucks. That works pretty well.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #53

We just started our full time adventure. We do not plan to move around as much as your itinerary. I think staying for a minimum of 2 weeks sounds good to us as I don't want to be breaking camp all the time and setting up constantly. We will probably stay a month in some locations. We are now in one spot for 90 days. We like the relaxed style of living. I once read where a camper had the 3 rule when traveling. When traveling stay at least 3 days, be there by 3PM and drive no more than 3 hours-cool!! Good luck.
sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilcastle View Post
We just started our full time adventure. We do not plan to move around as much as your itinerary. I think staying for a minimum of 2 weeks sounds good to us as I don't want to be breaking camp all the time and setting up constantly. We will probably stay a month in some locations. We are now in one spot for 90 days. We like the relaxed style of living. I once read where a camper had the 3 rule when traveling. When traveling stay at least 3 days, be there by 3PM and drive no more than 3 hours-cool!! Good luck.

So now I have the "3 rule" to full-time RV by (agree with 101%) and a saying "Full-times are not homeless, just houseless. We live in a perfect home and all of America is our backyard."

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Serengeti is offline   Reply With Quote