Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #1

Rating website

When researching last nite I ran across a mention of a website which lists RVs suitable for full-timing. I have a pretty good short list by now but might find some shortcuts if I could find the site. I made a mental note to refer back to it but I lost the note. Any suggestions?
GC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

Sure, stop banging your head against the wall . . . It messes up the filing system for the "mental notes".
Old 10-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
RV Consumer Group - We Rate RVs
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
Seen that one but haven't joined, so I can't tell if it's the one I stumbled on.
Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post
Sure, stop banging your head against the wall . . . It messes up the filing system for the "mental notes".
Too late.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Don't waste your money. The guy (no, it is not a real organization) just takes the brochures and a "formula" that he has developed to spit out numbers that mean something to him, but aren't really relevant. Best way to get information is to go to the various owners group of rigs you are considering and ask people who actually OWN AND USE the RV - you know - RVers! What a concept!

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
Don't waste your money. The guy (no, it is not a real organization) just takes the brochures and a "formula" that he has developed to spit out numbers that mean something to him, but aren't really relevant. Best way to get information is to go to the various owners group of rigs you are considering and ask people who actually OWN AND USE the RV - you know - RVers! What a concept!

Barb
Thanks for the money saver.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #8

Better than 75% of the RVs on the market are not very well made. This I have seen with my own eyes. At least with RV Consumers Group you learn about the better ones and eliminate looking at the junk thus saving yourself time, money (because you bought junk) and heartache.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I've purchased their cd's twice when I bought my last two motorhomes and I find them helpful and accurate based on what I purchased. The more information you have when buying an RV the happier you'll be with your purchase. When you think about the cost of the cd compared to the price of your investment it's a non issue.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We, too, have used the information from RV Consumer Group's CD's in helping us when we buy a new RV.

The information isn't to be used as the end-all/be-all of a decision, but it's a great starting point in helping you sort through the mirad of choices out there. In addition to their ratings CD's, they provide a lot of educational material.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
People are fulltiming in all types of RVs including non RVs (tents). Finding the ideal type or model would be impossible. Find something you like and that fits your budget. Compile a list of "must haves" and "wants" and start looking.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
People are fulltiming in all types of RVs including non RVs (tents). Finding the ideal type or model would be impossible. Find something you like and that fits your budget. Compile a list of "must haves" and "wants" and start looking.
My approach to something new is always to learn as much as I can before I hold my nose & jump in.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19gc45 View Post
My approach to something new is always to learn as much as I can before I hold my nose & jump in.
Then do what I did and buy some books on fulltiming. I'd recommend the following that helped me decide:"Fulltiming-an introduction to full-time rving" by Gaylord Maxwell (Gaylord was a well respected writer for several RV publications and put on RV seminars for years, he passed away a couple years ago), "Full Timing for new and used RVrs" by Ronald Jones. Both of these books will be good for gathering info to help in your search.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdan View Post
Then do what I did and buy some books on fulltiming. I'd recommend the following that helped me decide:"Fulltiming-an introduction to full-time rving" by Gaylord Maxwell (Gaylord was a well respected writer for several RV publications and put on RV seminars for years, he passed away a couple years ago), "Full Timing for new and used RVrs" by Ronald Jones. Both of these books will be good for gathering info to help in your search.
Sounds good. Thanks