Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
We took out the Advantium (I've always hated those) and replaced it with a GE Profile Microwave/Convection that has 2 racks on it. I can cook two full sized cookie sheets of cookies in there at once.

We also removed the basement TV and installed a freezer down there for our overflow. We have a residential refer but with both of us enjoying cooking, we needed some extra space.
The Advantium can be used as just a normal convection, a microwave and the quick cook with the halogen. It can also work just like a normal convection or microwave. What did you gain by changing?
Oh yes, we had the Advantium installed when we ordered the 2002 DSDP we now have.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #30

We find the dinettes in most RV's to be horrible. The have a single purpose for the most part, dining. We are searching for a MH but no matter what, if it has a dinette it will be ripped out and replaced with a table and a couple of nice office chairs. Now it's a workstation, a place to eat, you've got chairs you can move around for guests or keep a few folding chairs on hand if you want to invite guests over for a meal, though you could just sit on the sofa(s) or dine outside.
Dan McMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #31

iRV2 No Limits Club
I got two electric dump valves, a macerator pump with 50 feet of 5/8 hose. Solar panel, three 12v 190ah batteries, 2000 watt inverter and 30 amp controller. It feels good to be able to not be concerned with grey water, it can be used to water the plants around me.

I need a Valium, a winning lotto ticket, a fulltime nanny and a happy meal
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGM View Post
I got two electric dump valves, a macerator pump with 50 feet of 5/8 hose. Solar panel, three 12v 190ah batteries, 2000 watt inverter and 30 amp controller. It feels good to be able to not be concerned with grey water, it can be used to water the plants around me.

I remember being young and foolish and thinking that electric dump valves were the silliest thing I ever heard about. After 7 years full time, I installed an electric valve on the black tank this spring. DW has given me the news that the black tank is full a mid night, in the rain for the last time. She can now hit the switch herself while seated comfortably on the throne.

Oh the arrogance of youth!

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #33

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGM View Post

Nice!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopenNoli View Post
We have been living in our 5th wheel for 6 weeks now. Every time I walk in the door I feel like I can breath again. I've lived in the city and a number of traditional dwellings for a number of years and often felt squeezed in with all my clutter. Though there are a few items I could never part with I have learned that the moment is truly the only thing worth keeping and worth creating. Attachment 70900This moment is always the best moment. My husband and I have parted with nearly all our belongings to be together in this small space and devote ourselves to our two young children Copeland and Magnolia. Yep! There are four of us living in our RV! Copeland will be 2 1/2 on Tuesday and Magnolia 1 1/2 next month. It's snug! But the good kind of snug. Laughter can be heard wherever we are and we spend most of our time outside exploring. Such a small space has allowed for less working outside the home and more creativity in the home. Justin, my husband, gutted the living space and made it into a country-cottage! We have big plans but we are truly enjoying the journey. The experience! Who knows what's next but that keeps things exciting!Attachment 70899
Adorable babies!!
Would you please post pictures of your country cottage interior pretty please? I've started a similar remodel in my fiver and so far I'm really happy with it. But I'd love to see yours too!
suse1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #35

We live full time in a 2001 carriage cameo f34ck. I've got a lo-o-ong list but have made some major changes in the past 10 months.

First I had the dealer remove the recliners--they were upholstered in really rough burlap!
The couch and bed went away too.
The bed I replaced with an original Burlington Futon which was almost brand new. I Topped that with a 3" latex topper, then a Nikken magnetic cover and a wool cover over it all. Its 9" thick and just perfect.
After living in the camper full time for six months I ripped out the dinette and replaced it with two 30" base cabinets and countertop. I had holes drilled in the countertop for power cords and the toaster oven and blender live there, as well as the coffee station, fruit baskets, paper plates and napkins, salt and pepper. Adding six feet of counter and base cabinets made such a HUGE difference in the functionality and flow of the space. the cabinets are traditional 24' deep, I installed them 4" from the wall and they still hug the wall compared to the dinette set, which gives us more floor space and makes it feel like an actual kitchen.
Next I bought three 18" deep base cabinets from pottery barn, they're mahogany finish and look like living room furniture.

I removed the stupidly huge cabinet over the kitchen sink and am planning to replace that with a big wall hung dish rack. We live in one place for months at a time, and by the time we leave I'll have figured out a way to secure items on it when we roll.

The recliners we replaced with a pair of swivel rockers from Lazy Boy, and we have small table between us on which we eat.

The valances have all been removed and black iron curtain rods installed. The kitchen area has bright floral valances.

Next I want to replace the carpet with Marmoleum in the kitchen and a wood grain vinyl in the living room area. If we can get radiant floor heat that would be good too.

I've got to get panels and valances for where the couch was and in the very back section. The desk needs valance too.

And if I had money to blow I'd install bigger windows in the kitchen and bedroom.
Lol, its quite a list I see, there's more but I don't want to bore you all!
suse1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #36

We bought our coach in late August and have been full-timing since. We've really only made two mods so far. We replaced the mattress with a residential king size Serta version of the Tempurpedic and we installed a chest freezer in the rear closet. The freezer is wired to run off the generator, inverter or shore power.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote