RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #1

Roadside Assistance

Getting ready to go full time. I know there are a lot of ways to get roadside assistance depending on your insurance, good Sam, and so forth. I would like to hear input from people’s experiences either good, or bad. We will probably spend 3 months or so in Texas, but plan to go all over US. Appreciate any input/feedback.

FTer&nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #2

you might look into joining FMCA. Many other benefits. Membership fee 1st year is $60.00 and includes FMCA Assist, a program simular to Sky Med, road side assist is $69.00 per year. Travel trailers and fifth wheels are welcomed to join. Please go to FMCA.com and look under benefits.

d johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've heard good things about FMCA. I have CoachNet, I haven't needed to use them yet, but I've heard good things about them too. I have heard too many bad things about AAA RV, even though I've had them in the past and had been happy with their service the couple times I needed them, but now that I have an RV I feel a little better knowing that the service I paid for will be tailored specifically towards RVs and has a good reputation for it.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
I currently have CoachNet and have used them twice with excellent results.....
ernest917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I currently have CoachNet and have used them twice with excellent results.....
Yep, x2
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
We currently have Roadside Assistance through Easy Care. Have not used them as of yet.
Had Good Sam, but dropped them due to poor service.

Semper Fi
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
CoachNet. 6-1/2 years, 6 calls, incl 3 tows. Always timely, always professional. Recommend unequivocally.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #8

I have roadside through USAA, including for the RV and Boat trailer.
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:03 PM   #9

I have Good Sam and have had two roadside calls to them for help in the last few years. Once was for a tow to a dealer several miles away. The other was for a blowout change along a busy interstate. Saved me a lot of stress. No complaints.
Steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
MnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve578 View Post
I have Good Sam and have had two roadside calls to them for help in the last few years. Once was for a tow to a dealer several miles away. The other was for a blowout change along a busy interstate. Saved me a lot of stress. No complaints.
I had Good Sam for many years. The last 3 times that I used them for flats or tow the response time was totally unacceptable and one of the providers for a flat fix was not prepared to deal with anything other that a auto. Didn't have tools or compressor to deal with a 5th wheel. I switched to Coachnet a couple of years ago and had my first experience with them 2 days ago. Blown Turbo on my truck. They had two tow trucks to me within an hour. One for the truck and one for the 5th wheel. Excellent professional service provider. Couldn't be happier.
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #11
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
FMCA took my toad on a flatbed over 300 miles when a tire and rim were destroyed in Nevada. They have my business for life! Best $69 I spend each year!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
We've been with Coach Net for 12 years. Have always had good service for both motorhome and car.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #13

Escapees used to refer Coach Net but now have switched to the same company FMCA uses. I think Escapees is $99 a year vs FMCA at $69 a year. Fortunately I have roadside assistance with my insurance and also with extended warranty. I have seen many negitive posts about Good Sam but have no first hand knowledge.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
Escapees used to refer Coach Net but now have switched to the same company FMCA uses. I think Escapees is $99 a year vs FMCA at $69 a year. Fortunately I have roadside assistance with my insurance and also with extended warranty. I have seen many negitive posts about Good Sam but have no first hand knowledge.
I joined FMCA last year and picked up their roadside assistance. They have been great. I actually used them 4 times... All for tires I've been researching insurance quotes and asked one of the agents about the roadside assistance in the policy and explained what has happened with my tires (losing air through valve stem) and he thought it wouldn't be covered because it would be considered a maintenance issue rather than a breakdown. So I'll be keeping my FMCA roadside assistance forever. BTW had Good Sam before this and only used them once... And while the work was performed, it did take about 4 hours for them to get someone to me.