Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
We ended up buying the Maytag unit. They have a good reputation so decided to go with it. About $800 bucks purchased through DW company. Mostly digital and so quiet you do not even hear it unless you put on the high speed extract then there is some vibration otherwise you would never know it is even running. Tumbles clothes in wash and changes directions every few turns. Done probably 20 loads so far since we purchased it and we have been very happy with it.

Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
We ended up buying the Maytag unit. They have a good reputation so decided to go with it. About $800 bucks purchased through DW company. Mostly digital and so quiet you do not even hear it unless you put on the high speed extract then there is some vibration otherwise you would never know it is even running. Tumbles clothes in wash and changes directions every few turns. Done probably 20 loads so far since we purchased it and we have been very happy with it.
Which model did you buy for your RV?

Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have not had an LG washer or fridge and won't either, I will tell you why
Before they were called LG they were Goldstar, I have seen only one model of home Microwave where you set the timer, close the door and it starts cooking (No start or cook button) They made it, it nearly burned down the office where I told them not to buy it.

I used to sell computer stuff.. The monitors they made were the #1 Failed under warrnaty item in the store. Highest warranty fix rate of anything we had by at least a factor of 10.

I bought an Insignia Digital to Analog TV converter when the country went digital.. It has a serious issue I have to deal with from time to time. This is a repainted Zenith, an LG brand.

The VCR in motor home was a Zenith when it was new, Never once did it work right, Just an adjustment but a technician to adjust it, or the tool needed, cost more than the Panasonic that replaced it (And has since been replaced by a Replay TV digital recorder) And the Dometic Microwave in the motor home is really an LG.. This too did not work properly till I did major work on it including replacing one part with a GE part that was better built and re-designing one component (Enlarging a hole).

No, I'd not buy another LG product if I can avoid it. Lousy Goods as far as I'm concerned. Never had one work right to date.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Our RV Unit Maytag Model is MHWC 7500 YW

MHWC 7500YW is the Maytag unit we purchased. Very happy with it.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kro1957 View Post
MHWC 7500YW is the Maytag unit we purchased. Very happy with it.
Thanks for the information 😊
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #20

We have a Splendide vented combo & love it. small loads, but they wash & dry themselves while we go on about our buisness, Even on travel days.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
With all the expense of getting new rig, buying tags, dishes, bedding for a King bed, towels, mats, Washer, It was a lot of money!!!!

DW wanted to get the matching dryer. I wanted her to consider the less expensive Sonya through Amazon.com for a fraction of the cost. Reading the reviews, I took the risk and ordered it.

It fits perfect and works like a champ. Very surprised like others who wrote reviews on just how well it worked. We have thrown in couple pair of jeans, shirts, t-shirts, what you would think might be a full load on the home dryer and let me tell you it dryes as quick or even quicker than our unit at home. The vent filter cleaning is a little longer but not bad. In the past 4 weeks we have done 15 - 20 loads just checking it out well to see how it will hold up. Very impressed!

It is a front load just like the Maytag washer
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
We have the Spendide Ariston stacked washer and dryer. I use it all the time and think it's great. No problems so far in almost a year now. The lint filter is very accessible just below the door opening. My previous rig had a stacked washer dryer with the lint filter inside the dryer in the very back. I'm tall so I had no problem reaching it. It might have been an issue for a shorter person, however.
Irene
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #23

itdave,
Wondering what model of LG combo washer/dryer you have?
We found a good deal on a LG 3.6 cu ft. Washer/Dryer model WM3987HW and would like to get it.
Only thing bothering me is that the owners manual says its not for use in marine or mobile Rv use.
After reading further the reasoning they give for that restriction is it talks about the floor needing to be very structurally sound to take the units weight (201lbs) plus of course the additional weight of the water and laundry that's in it in use.
My feeling is that it will work in a motorhome but I would feel better knowing that someone out there is indeed using this model.
If you feel like sharing that info would really appreciate it.
Keith
Old 07-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgoagain View Post
itdave,
We found a good deal on a LG 3.6 cu ft. Washer/Dryer model WM3987HW and would like to get it.
Only thing bothering me is that the owners manual says its not for use in marine or mobile Rv use.
After reading further the reasoning they give for that restriction is it talks about the floor needing to be very structurally sound to take the units weight (201lbs) plus of course the additional weight of the water and laundry that's in it in use.
My feeling is that it will work in a motorhome but I would feel better knowing that someone out there is indeed using this model.
Keith
Be careful on the size. It may not fit where you want it. I could not get it down our hall to the closet pre plumbed for washer/ dryer. Sold it and bought a Splendide.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
Be careful on the size. It may not fit where you want it. I could not get it down our hall to the closet pre plumbed for washer/ dryer. Sold it and bought a Splendide.
calhyatt,
Thanks.
Got me to looking at measurements and indeed the hallway is not wide enough for the model I was looking at. Sure thought that once I got it in the door I would be home free.
Was a good deal on the combo but glad I didn't purchase on the spot and have to return it.
On to splendide.
Letsgoagain
Old 07-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Goldstar/LG/Samsung

We have several LG appliances and they have all been absolutely perfect, and the 37" LG LED TV I put in our coach is the best TV we have. Better than the 50" Samsung.

Samsung and LG are very closely related, as in father & son. Very similar products & quality.

We have used our LG HE washer & dryer thousands of times without problems and the LG refrigerator has been totally reliable, as compared to the GE Profile that required service at least three times in the short time we kept it. It burned a hole in it's control board twice! Lucky it didn't start a bigger fire.

Just as Japan went from making crappy little cars that didn't last to becoming the benchmark for quality and longevity so has Korea in many areas of manufacturing.

Strangely enough many LG/Samsung appliances are made in China, just like all the other brands.

With all that said, we have a splindide combo unit in the RV and it works fine. Takes a long time to dry and the spin cycle shakes the coach like a bad road. But other than that it's fine.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
The lint trap on the Splendide model I saw was on the top, left, rear.... You have been cleaning the lint trap, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post

and ARTWERKE: >>We have a Splendide vented combo & love it.<<

We also have a Splendide vented (2100XC). We "inherited" it when we bought the coach, but it was only a few months old at the time. It has been great! We do note that it is somewhat sensitive to overloading, but its a minor point.

This talk of a lint trap bothers me. I can't see one, and DW informs that the manual on the machine makes no mention of a lint screen. Our unit IS vented out the side of the coach, and I cleaned that outlet a few times and can confirm a very positive airflow. So, I'm perplexed. Is there any way to clarify this?
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgoagain View Post
itdave,
Keith
Hello after a lot of research I found out that the reason the 3.6 lg can not be used in a rv is due to the drum and motor combo you would have to install the 4 locking bolts in the rear before you could move the coach or even move the unit or it says it will do damage . But I was all set to buy this unit until I read this so now I am going to get the splendide 7100 xc even though it is smaller it does have great reviews just wanted the larger capacity