Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #1

Super C for Full Time

I'm looking to trade my 2007 Jayco Seneca HD for one to be used full time including cold climates. I've been searching the Internet and been to a few dealers, but keep hitting a brick wall. We love the Super C platform for its handling and power, but find the interior storage was designed for vacationing. Also, we camped in the mountains of NW PA in Feb. and discovered that although we could prevent the lines from freezing by using ceramic heaters (the LP was getting used up too fast to justify runnin the furnace 24/7), there were too many drafts and openings which we couldn't reach that caused the sink line to freeze.

So now before I lose too much value from depreciation, I'd like to get into something that I can call home. I know there are a few 5ers designed for four season, cold weather included, but can't find a Super C (would consider an A, but again, doesn't seem to be any that fit my criteria). Also, we tow a Wrangler and not too thrilled about having to get a new truck if we go with a 5er. Super Nova was the only one I could find, but it appears to be off the market.

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, and safe travels!
Eldora is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
There are some units that are 4 Season units. You just have to hunt for them. Look for something may be Triple E out of Canada - they seem to understand cold weather. That said, none of them will be real good for winter. And if you are fulltiming, why worry about the cold, those wheels will roll to where it is WARM very easily.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #3

Yep - finding a motorized rig to full-time in that is 4 season capable is hard to do. I would not buy a Super Nova since Gulfstream is not noted for it's motorized units. Plus check the spaghetti wiring.

Four Winds has a brand new Super C built on a Ford F550 chassis. Since it is new just maybe they insulated it better.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
There are some units that are 4 Season units. You just have to hunt for them. Look for something may be Triple E out of Canada - they seem to understand cold weather. That said, none of them will be real good for winter. And if you are fulltiming, why worry about the cold, those wheels will roll to where it is WARM very easily.

Barb
Good point, but we work out of the RV and sometimes need to hit the north in winter. We might have to adjust our schedule given the lack of inventory designed for he cold. Thank for the suggestions!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Yep - finding a motorized rig to full-time in that is 4 season capable is hard to do. I would not buy a Super Nova since Gulfstream is not noted for it's motorized units. Plus check the spaghetti wiring.

Four Winds has a brand new Super C built on a Ford F550 chassis. Since it is new just maybe they insulated it better.
I'll look for that Four Winds model...thanks!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #6

Here is a link to the latest Four Winds Super C.
Here is a link to Nexus Super C.
I do not think you will find a Super C that will be cold weather capable unless you go to the higher priced models like the Dynamax.
I do not know which model Seneca you have. But you may want to check out storage on some of the other models. Some have more storage than others.
GS Endura had a model 6362 that has lots of storage. I know people that full time in them.
To help with propane usage have you considered a Extend A Stay propane hookup.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Here is a link to the latest Four Winds Super C.
Here is a link to Nexus Super C.
I do not think you will find a Super C that will be cold weather capable unless you go to the higher priced models like the Dynamax.
I do not know which model Seneca you have. But you may want to check out storage on some of the other models. Some have more storage than others.
GS Endura had a model 6362 that has lots of storage. I know people that full time in them.
To help with propane usage have you considered a Extend A Stay propane hookup.
Thanks for these links, ronjhall! The Seneca I have is the 35' and the storage is decent for vacationing, not for full time. I did see a fifth wheel with a 90 lb. tank and an extra, as they called it, "just in case" 20 lb. tank, which is a nice feature so you can just pull out that auxiliary tank if you have to, and not the whole rig. I'll read up on the Extend A Stay propane hookup to see what that's all about. Thanks again!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm in love with the four winds super C I'd have no problem full timing in that.
IMPULSE DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote