RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Raiyne View Post
a little background first. my wife and I have 5 children 17 down to 1. we have a house, a truck, an SUV and a 5'er. Currently, I am living in the 5'er by myself while my family is in our home. Its not the optimal situation but we are doing it because my line of work made me move and we didnt want to rip her out of her high school a year before she graduates. We've discussed full time RVing on multiple occasions sooo now here is our idea...I'm about to go overseas for about a year and the plan is to sell my truck and the 5'er before I go siince my wife isnt going to use either one. That should also take care of 2 bills permanently. We are seriously thinking about selling the house and pretty much everything in it when I come back and buy a nice diesel pusher and start our journey as full time RVers. If the cards play out right I will also retire from my first career and start my second(after a nice long well deserved vacation). my questions are: 1) Are we crazy to think this is a good idea? 2)If not, what models/brands would you suggest? We are considering Forest River Bershire XLT or similar. I would really appreciate some feedback from full time RVers and those that tried it. Are we going to be able to handle the serious downgrade of space and stuff?
Probably best to search and read the dozens of threads that have covered this topic. Then, start a new thread after youíre thoroughly confused.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
DPs usually sleep 2, dinner for 4, cocktails for 8-10 outside.

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Iíve used both when working away from home. For the better part of a decade I drove a 32í Class A around the country pulling first a Toyota Corolla, then a Jeep Wrangler. A year or so ago I switched to a 4-dr pickup and 26í 4-season tagalong. Of the two I think I prefer the latter. The trailer is a model with a Ďliving roomí in the back, out of which I removed the table and chairs and where I store my three bikes when not in use and where I have my trainer set up in the winter.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC179089-DD60-47B8-AE72-22A3F54D02F7.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	240139  
Old 04-09-2019, 06:04 AM   #18

Nice. I was thinking along these lines as well. I added trading in my beloved little Ranger for F250 too. A lot to think about.
hdavidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #19

first DP buy used. big learning curve. Think Newmar, Travel Supreme, Monaco even. That way you get quality not constant headaches.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
DPs usually sleep 2, dinner for 4, cocktails for 8-10 outside.
What is a DP?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolenut View Post
first DP buy used. big learning curve. Think Newmar, Travel Supreme, Monaco even. That way you get quality not constant headaches.
Looked up DP. Diesel Pusher. I am not even considering a class A but thanks for reading and replying.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Raiyne View Post
a little background first. my wife and I have 5 children 17 down to 1. we have a house, a truck, an SUV and a 5'er. Currently, I am living in the 5'er by myself while my family is in our home. Its not the optimal situation but we are doing it because my line of work made me move and we didnt want to rip her out of her high school a year before she graduates. We've discussed full time RVing on multiple occasions sooo now here is our idea...I'm about to go overseas for about a year and the plan is to sell my truck and the 5'er before I go siince my wife isnt going to use either one. That should also take care of 2 bills permanently. We are seriously thinking about selling the house and pretty much everything in it when I come back and buy a nice diesel pusher and start our journey as full time RVers. If the cards play out right I will also retire from my first career and start my second(after a nice long well deserved vacation). my questions are: 1) Are we crazy to think this is a good idea? 2)If not, what models/brands would you suggest? We are considering Forest River Bershire XLT or similar. I would really appreciate some feedback from full time RVers and those that tried it. Are we going to be able to handle the serious downgrade of space and stuff?
Please start your own post versus piggy-backing on mine. I'm starting to get advice on diesel pushers.

Tags
motorhome, trailer, travel, travel trailer