Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #1

travel with you personal health information?

Hello.

has anyone found a good way carry with you/give health care providers copies of your health information. e.g. labs, x-rays, CT scans...dental records?

I searched iRV2 for the online services, healthvault, Dossia, indivo
but didn't get any hits.

thanks

Mike
mrome54369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #2

Thumb drive?
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #3

I scan papers to PDF, and store in the One-Drive Cloud. I can access them from anywhere. Stuff I need to keep handy like emergency numbers and insurance contact info I keep as PDF's on my IPhone in Ibooks.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #4

Kind of depends on what media the source is in. If paper, scan into your computer store as a pdf then store it in the cloud or on your Phone/laptop/IPad. CT scans usually come on a cd so just take them with you. I keep information in the health app on my IPhone which can be accessed in an emergency by whomever finds me.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have medical records generated by doctors and labs in WA, UT, OH, KY, NC, SC, NH, and MA. They all use online storage, and several use the same system. We have about four or five portals we can use to access just about any record we want.
In a perfect world one system would serve as a repository for all records. As soon as the Gov't realizes that they should not be in the medical business, then we'll start to see some real efficiencies.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:34 PM   #6

We're old school........

We have three folders..........hers, mine and the dogs PLUS a backup folder for each.
Copies of ALL medical in paper form.

When we needed Medical while traveling we requested copies BEFORE we left office/lab/hospital so we had everything

We maintain a very small 'tech' footprint
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
List of medications, list of previous surgeries, diagnosis, copies of any CTs, copies of last set of lab results. The last set of labs are probably what any physician would want to see, provided they aren't over a year old. They are going to do review/physical anyway, so no need to haul a lot of stuff around.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #8

Our respective GP's (DW & I) plus our dentist & the Vet's office for our dog, converted 100% to electronic document record keeping many years ago. We receive electronic copies of mostly everything. We store it in OneDrive, Evernote & Dropbox, plus have our phones, tablets & PC's synched so all are current. If we need medical/dental services while travelling we let the provider see everything or if necessary provide printed copies as required. If we receive a hard copy pharmacy or eye prescription, the first thing I do is do a pic scan with my phone and load it into our medical file system and synch it with our online storage.

Works great for us. Even have a quick access to our medication list. Often need that.

We are not full timers but if we were, it would be the same routine.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:22 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thumbs up Medical Info Bracelet

https://www.universalmedicaldata.com/

This company has a great system. I have one of their bracelets. It has a small plastic section for immediate info and contains a small USB chip that can be downloaded with your medical info. I scuba dive and it is waterproof.
960 watts of solar, 440 Amp hours AGM batteries
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:23 AM   #10

thanks everyone. I started playing with Microsoft's HealthVault and I like the way it would prompt you to load pertinent information. If I or my wife had any preexisting conditions I wouldn't load there, seems like every system is getting hacked nowadays. we use google drive and others so that is a good option also. Respect to the paper option but I'm a rock and paper beats the heck out of me...just can't keep it organized.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #11

We might be able to develop something for health records

We have a wellness program for Medicare patients that turns into a personal health record. If we were to develop something for RVers, do you think anyone would be willing to use it?

This is our website take a look and let us know what you think. e-AWV: Electronic Medicare Annual Wellness Visit System

Dave
SkiMedicKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFDCapt View Post
https://www.universalmedicaldata.com/

This company has a great system. I have one of their bracelets. It has a small plastic section for immediate info and contains a small USB chip that can be downloaded with your medical info. I scuba dive and it is waterproof.
Like the options provided on that site. I have Type 2 diabetes and a couple of alergies. DW is on warfarin & a heart condition medical people should be aware of.

We currently have a clunky dumb Med Alert bracelets. Like the idea of the device around your neck or on a bracelet that carries relevant info on a USB. Everything is on my phone with emergency access but having info more visible might be of benefit - if one is unconscious. Thanks for the info.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:22 AM   #13

Hi Dave.

I'm an RN, 20 years experience in public health. Some work (but no success!) in selecting EMR with others for my employer. As a public health nurse, my experience has been that it is difficult to get most to track their health. A company like Microsoft (I'm no fan necessarily) can afford to keep HealthVault running but I'm not sure it would be worth it to develop RV specific software. just my thoughts
thanks
Mike

Tags
travel