RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #1

I have been using the standard RV water hose, (white) for 25 years... Time for change????

I was thinking of the flat roll-up king...
Any thoughts or comments..
Scratch
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #2

I have been using the standard RV water hose, (white) for 25 years... Time for change????

I was thinking of the flat roll-up king...
Any thoughts or comments..
Scratch
Old 11-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #3

I'd stay with the white RV hose myaself. Except for maybe being more convenient to roll up and store, what would be the advantage?

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #4

I've found the flat rolleup kind have a tendency to split on the outside edges after about 6 months to a year.

I always use the standard minimum 5/8 hose with excellent results. More volume as I use the house type 3/4" pressure regulator on any park pressure over 50 PSI.
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #5

I'll second Jim on the pressure Regulator.

We made one from parts at Lowes. It works SO much better than the RV type's.

What I did was install an external Whole House sediment filter (3/4 inch ports) in my water bay, then put the regulator behind it with a gauge. I then cut to length Water hose to my city water connection. So now I just hook city water to the filter and bango... Ready to go.

We have about 300 feet of flat hose we use when we need to get water from long distences. It is strictly occational use hose. I also carry a good 50 ft white hose, a couple 10 ft white hoses, and my "Custom" hose, which is now down to about 15 feet of 5/8". If we are somewhere longer than a month or so, I cut the hose to the legnth needed. Just looks cleaner, and less water sitting in a hose waiting to be used. In hot weather, means colder cold water, and cold weather, it is less to insulate and heat tape.

Overall, stick with the 5/8 "real" white hose and you will be just fine.

John (N9MXX) & Derek (KC9KEM)
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:03 AM   #6

The white hose with the brass or chrome plated brass is NSF (National Sanitary Foundation) rated to meet health issues and concerns. None of the "garden" variety hoses have this type of rating. NSF hoses also don't have the hose taste.

Mich_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #7

The RV Water Filter Store is an excellent source of specific length white hoses (in addition to all things related to water filtration.) They sell lots of lengths with heavy duty brass fittings, or stainless if you'd like. Best quality I've found, plus custom lengths. Awesome customer service as well. http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote